• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

nj2va

Some folks here are giving up on the storm too soon.   Yeah, the warm nose arrived sooner and in a much larger region than most people expected.Yet the storm in my area (North central Maryland) is starting to RAGE.   We went from light pingers to moderate snow.   I see no traffic on the nearby road, none.  My workplace closed for the day, a rarity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

I dunno why anyone would like sleet.  It sleets hard and then you have nothing to show for it.  At least freezing rain makes the trees look pretty. 

Getting a sleet base IMO makes the snow (if any comes) easier to accumulate - and if it comes AFTER snow it tends to make it harder to melt. Sleet sticks around longer! 

1 minute ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

I dunno why anyone would like sleet.  It sleets hard and then you have nothing to show for it.  At least freezing rain makes the trees look pretty. 

Simple really. Sleet covers everything white, has legit staying power if it stays cold, and I sill get to watch tv at night and not freeze

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Light sleet in Annapolis, been that way since the very beginning. 

Crazy. Started as cold smoke 7 miles west of you where I am. Got about a half inch then sleet. 

I'm having a pixie dust needle storm right now. It's gotta be snow because it's sticking to the side of my truck. 

• Like 1

Just now, Weather Will said:

About 4-5 inches here, was heavier snow for the last hour or so now back to a mix....mantle of white!!!  I rate this winter for my neck of the woods a solid B if i don’t see another flake  until next winter, but I don’t think we are done yet...

Unlike the last few, not our storm here in New Market....can't seem to shake the sleet.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic