Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

nj2va

Just now, The Ole Bucket said:

Incidentally, the roads are passable in Charlottesville but not plowable because it's almost all sleet and it's 27F out there. Just an hour drive away from all those deathbands up there it feels like one of those weird winter storms that hits northern Mississippi or Alabama. Never seen it before.

This is what I love about these kinds of storms and why I’m still cheering for 3” of sleet. It’s so hard to plow and the idiots who think they can drive in it usually don’t get out of the parking lot.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Thanks. Sucks I slept through that lol. 2 year old wasn’t feeling well and was up late with her so needed to catch a few hours. Thought most of the good stuff would be after 7am here.  Some guidance last night did have a pockets of warm up here between bands around 8 then flipped back to snow as heavier banding came through so hopefully I get to enjoy another heavy burst of snow. 

I woke up at 4:45 to extremely heavy snow. Probably had close to 2 inches by then already. Then picked up another 2 inches between 5 and 6. Then it lightened up in a lull with sleet before changing back to snow with another inch or so by 7:30. Snow rates were probably 3 inches an hour at the heaviest point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

There is going to be really heavy precip moving through I-81 after 9:30...I hope it is snow....But i'm definitely not confident

Yeah. That has to be sleet showing up on the radar down there. We caught the same stuff Arkansas was getting yesterday. Pure luck that it lined up for us. Getting ready to measure for my 8:30 update. But I am definitely over 6 inches now. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic