Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

nj2va

Just now, Bob Chill said:

That's what makes this a great event imo. Potentially 1" liquid and little to no zr. And sub freezing surface for all. Good times

sleet sucks dude....not the least bit excited about heavy sleet especially knowing that its like 1/2 degree from snow

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The NAM was too warm...but it also wasn't dry enough...so wouldn't those 2 kind of offset in the end?

Biggest takeaway from that is the mid-levels are about a degree warmer which is not a good sign. Being drier does mean more radiation cooling so while it’s not a bad thing, doesn’t mean much if the 850s torch. 

• Like 2

Going old school all day today. Why stop!? The only model anyone needs....the good old Weather Channel! That’s how the world used to roll...and we liked it! All this model chaos. Pfft!! Turn the TV on and what they say goes! 5-8!?  Yup. It’s happening Ron Paul! It’s happening. :lol:

Eta: this is what happens when you try to dent your beer fridge. See you at 4am first flakers. 

DD801565-29E1-4179-8CA0-5F444A531C3F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

the GFS has a remarkable amount of precip fall after 18z tomorrow along and east of I-95 (including a crazy amount of ice), but it's alone on an island.   The NAM is at the other end of the extremes with perhaps the GFS para offering a more realistic middle ground (and more of a light sleet to light snow for most of us scenario, instead of freezing rain)

• Like 1

Just now, Scraff said:

Going old school all day today. Why stop!? The only model anyone needs....the good old Weather Channel! That’s how the world used to roll...and we liked it! All this model chaos. Pfft!! Turn the TV on and what they say goes! 5-8!?  Yup. It’s happening Ron Paul! It’s happening. :lol:

DD801565-29E1-4179-8CA0-5F444A531C3F.jpeg

I remember forcing my friends to watch local on the 8s so I could see the radar. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic