• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Feb 21-23 Why Not

The goods here at ORD...

KORD 212351Z 17010KT 3/4SM R10L/P6000FT -SN BR FEW009 OVC011 01/M01 A2985 RMK AO2 SLP117 SNINCR 1/16 4/016 P0003 60003 T00111011 10028 20006 56028

3 minutes ago, mimillman said:

Honestly folks radar doesn't look bad for SN next few hours

Still solid here in the lulls. 1.5” accumulated quickly.

36 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

0.19" of rain so far, but it's winding down more towards a drizzle now.  Up to 34, first time above freezing since Feb 4th.

Mini void out there, with 1-3" just to your west and 1-2" just to your east.

Was able to stay just north of the dry slot. Almost 3in up here and not quite finished yet. More than I was expecting which has been par for the course in my little corner this year. I'm officially worried about next winter, I've used up all my luck on this one.

• Haha 1

Heavier snow rates with this little guy than with the last two "storms."  1.5" between 11-12z and we may duplicate that again this hour.  Unfortunately, a quick mover so that'll be all.

• Like 1

Was so tired last night. Slept through it all. woke up to fresh white at like 3am, then when i woke up this morning it was watery slush. Looks like a heavy burst of snow then temps warmed to 36 with high dews and drizzle. Estimating 1". Season total at 42.5". Depth has actually compacted to 11" of dense snow. A week of double digit depths. Child's play compared to 2014-15 and 2013-14 but deep winter nonetheless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Heavier snow rates with this little guy than with the last two "storms."  1.5" between 11-12z and we may duplicate that again this hour.  Unfortunately, a quick mover so that'll be all.

Nice paste job this morning. Just over 2" at YYZ. Enough to put us slightly above average for the season. Another 9" more and we'll beat every winter since 2008-09. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snowstorms said:

Nice paste job this morning. Just over 2" at YYZ. Enough to put us slightly above average for the season. Another 9" more and we'll beat every winter since 2008-09. 

It's hard to believe given I have yet to have an event drop more than 5" this season! Lots of little events

1 hour ago, snowcaine said:

It's hard to believe given I have yet to have an event drop more than 5" this season! Lots of little events

lol, I know right?  We grind like champs here. 

Except for the big dog on January 28-29, 2019, Toronto has not had an 8"+ snowstorm since the 2014-15 winter.  By contrast, we've had 17 snowfalls in the 4-8" range in that same period.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

lol, I know right?  We grind like champs here. 

Except for the big dog on January 28-29, 2019, Toronto has not had an 8"+ snowstorm since the 2014-15 winter.  By contrast, we've had 17 snowfalls in the 4-8" range in that same period.

It's funny you say that. I counted this morning out of curiosity and I have had only 6 events above 6" in the last six years, and only one was above 8" (which was the 13" storm in Jan 2019)

Averaging 1 event over 6" per season is kind of depressing when you think about it

1 hour ago, snowcaine said:

It's funny you say that. I counted this morning out of curiosity and I have had only 6 events above 6" in the last six years, and only one was above 8" (which was the 13" storm in Jan 2019)

Averaging 1 event over 6" per season is kind of depressing when you think about it

Welcome to Toronto!  If you love snow, turn around.

• Haha 1