• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 21-23 Why Not

mimillman

Was so tired last night. Slept through it all. woke up to fresh white at like 3am, then when i woke up this morning it was watery slush. Looks like a heavy burst of snow then temps warmed to 36 with high dews and drizzle. Estimating 1". Season total at 42.5". Depth has actually compacted to 11" of dense snow. A week of double digit depths. Child's play compared to 2014-15 and 2013-14 but deep winter nonetheless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Heavier snow rates with this little guy than with the last two "storms."  1.5" between 11-12z and we may duplicate that again this hour.  Unfortunately, a quick mover so that'll be all.

Nice paste job this morning. Just over 2" at YYZ. Enough to put us slightly above average for the season. Another 9" more and we'll beat every winter since 2008-09. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snowstorms said:

Nice paste job this morning. Just over 2" at YYZ. Enough to put us slightly above average for the season. Another 9" more and we'll beat every winter since 2008-09. 

It's hard to believe given I have yet to have an event drop more than 5" this season! Lots of little events

1 hour ago, snowcaine said:

It's hard to believe given I have yet to have an event drop more than 5" this season! Lots of little events

lol, I know right?  We grind like champs here. 

Except for the big dog on January 28-29, 2019, Toronto has not had an 8"+ snowstorm since the 2014-15 winter.  By contrast, we've had 17 snowfalls in the 4-8" range in that same period.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Except for the big dog on January 28-29, 2019, Toronto has not had an 8"+ snowstorm since the 2014-15 winter.  By contrast, we've had 17 snowfalls in the 4-8" range in that same period.

It's funny you say that. I counted this morning out of curiosity and I have had only 6 events above 6" in the last six years, and only one was above 8" (which was the 13" storm in Jan 2019)

Averaging 1 event over 6" per season is kind of depressing when you think about it

1 hour ago, snowcaine said:

It's funny you say that. I counted this morning out of curiosity and I have had only 6 events above 6" in the last six years, and only one was above 8" (which was the 13" storm in Jan 2019)

Averaging 1 event over 6" per season is kind of depressing when you think about it

Welcome to Toronto!  If you love snow, turn around.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

The Nov 2020 storm was ~8" give or take. And the Jan 2020 storm came close too. But otherwise, I agree. Our climo just doesn't support big dogs. But I'm glad we crossed 100cm again.