• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18-19 MAJOR Ice Storm Threat

NorthHillsWx

Many of our mountain brothers are reporting temps 2-4° colder than forecast at elevation, which is roughly between 925 and 850mb I believe.  Can we use this intel as a non-model indicator that the CAD is coming in much deeper than forecast?  If so, more sleet would be in order on the front end of the event, yes? No?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, gritsnc said:

All the way up to 40/22. Southern Stokes County   (Walnut Cove). We are a 3 miles from the Duke Power power plant and I swear the steam from the stacks makes it warmer here.

Same right here in Oconee County. This county is unlike any other in the Upstate and I concur that DP is the one of the main reasons we are snowless. I need to see if any research has been done on this subject regarding Reactors and Weather? Of course, I am a newbee and there are probably many other valid reasons for our snowless county. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UpstateSCWx said:

Same right here in Oconee County. This county is unlike any other in the Upstate and I concur that DP is the one of the main reasons we are snowless. I need to see if any research has been done on this subject regarding Reactors and Weather? Of course, I am a newbee and there are probably many other valid reasons for our snowless county. 

I spoke too soon. Temp is dropping pretty fast now. 34/23 now.