Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 18/19th Storm Potential

stormtracker

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

That’s actually fairly reasonable I think unlike his last couple from what I remember 

Honestly I think it's better but I think you're just trained to see such outlandish stuff that it seems reasonable. Wide geographical accum maps are pretty tough to draw and somewhat pointless to an extent, but some of those areas included in 3-6" are just ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I wonder if that layer is thick enough or warm enough to go over completely to sleet.

Yeah super interesting, though totally academic considering how fine that resolution would have to be. I think it more so shows that there's a better than average chance that DC falls on the right side of this. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I wonder if that layer is thick enough or warm enough to go over completely to sleet.

Maybe its a mix?  Looks disruptive enough to cause issues but I'm not smart enough to decipher.  Give me this radar and I'll take my chances I suppose.

image.thumb.png.331d67c9b6df97c245987418bc41eec1.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I think nam 3k kuchera isn't telling the whole story. It actually snows 4" in DC but the white asteroid and meteor shower pounds the snow into the ground. 

100%. Learning about soundings last night has been a trip, so thanks for adding to that for me. 

In no way do I believe we get as much sleet in this scenario verbatim. 

• Like 1