Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18/19th Storm Potential

stormtracker

26 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

CWG up their totals to 4-8 with 2-4 in the bust range.  5-10 over NW burbs.

8 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

I’m a fan of those guys but I will be shocked if that forecast verifies for DCA.     

I'm not seeing that anywhere atm, but if that's true it would be an extremely bullish forecast for them.

19 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

There is little to no ice in Germantown

There is some. They lose 850s for 6 hours on the high res maps. It’s super close but since there is likely a small warmer layer somewhere other then exactly 850 we can assume it’s not snow. And that period is a decent chunk of precip.  That said the kuchera maps seem overly conservative. I think because this storm has fairly high thicknesses and I think kuchera factors that in its being overly pessimistic. Ratios won’t be high but not as low as it’s going where it has like 8-1 with all levels sub zero and cold ground.  That’s too low imo.  It wasn’t a horrible run but it was worse then 12z and the runt of 18z. It didn’t trend north though. Just dryer. Cut down on snow up in PA also!  

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

There is some. They lose 850s for 6 hours on the high res maps. It’s super close but since there is likely a small warmer layer somewhere other then exactly 850 we can assume it’s not snow. And that period is a decent chunk of precip.  That said the kuchera maps seem overly conservative. I think because this storm has fairly high thicknesses and I think kuchera factors that in its being overly pessimistic. Ratios won’t be high but not as low as it’s going where it has like 8-1 with all levels sub zero and cold ground.  That’s too low imo.  It wasn’t a horrible run but it was worse then 12z and the runt of 18z. It didn’t trend north though. Just dryer. Cut down on snow up in PA also!  

I don't think weatherbell has access to soundings...could be wrong..they're relegated to the same levels as the rest of us, and the rest is extrapolated...