Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 18/19th Storm Potential

stormtracker

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

It appears the past 3 runs of the NAM have progressively, but slowly weakened the southerly winds at 700 mb, which would be a trend to the GFS. 

Yeah for sure, NAM has always been the outlier since the winds were much stronger at the mid-levels compared to other guidance. Seems to be falling in line now. 

Just now, GEOS5ftw said:

I'd wait for the 3km which should be in range for most of the storm now. A lot of these subtle mid level temperature changes are related to banding which the 12km NAM does not resolve as well as 3km. Could very well be that heavier precip=snow and lighter precip=sleet in the transition zone.

Well, we've taken a step backwards on the 3km.  No front-end thump.

• Sad 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

Better than I thought...is really close there

Probably a mix of Snow missiles and sleet bombs (Bob Chill quote I'm sure) if the rates materialize.  Just gotta maximize the first 1-2 hours hopefully.

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

It is lighter, but we do get back into some frozen later in the evening also on the NAM.

NAMs would imply some frozen drizzle, light ZR in the evening on top of everything. I have my EMT test Thursday night so I'm hoping things trend worse so it can get knocked back to next Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2