Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 17-18th Winter Storm Thread.

John1122

Just now, Shocker0 said:

That's what happened here before it switched to frz rain. Hopefully it won't for you. I just saw where Cookeville had went to huge flakes and then rain as well. If only we were all 5 degrees colder

Its changing to sleet, but I couldn't be happier. This was a 40 degree rain 4 or 5 days ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, John1122 said:

4 inches down so far. Sleet is mixing in though. So I'm probably close to the end. Impressive thumping. 4 inches in roughly 3 hours. 

Definitely was (and still is...just wrong ptype) pumping it down fast. Would've been a cool one to see in the daylight. TWC shows Monterey randomly going back to snow at 3-4AM before it ends (light amounts). We are still 31 here but Crossville is reporting 32 and freezing rain.

We were oh so close once again in the Chatty area. Went to bed it was 35* and sleet. Woke to 33* and rain in Ooltewah. Go figure.

The rain has washed away what looks to be a decent ground cover of sleet. Only remaining ice was in flower beds and on car windows.

Just arrived to work and it's a nice, steady rain at 34*.

3d76860d459a83701dbc044e5b8ab68a.jpg&key=36da493a80c4307542537842a1b2e27314bb6956af47e4fc56ca2690e654e882

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Good morning! Well, we got 4" of wet snow, our seventh visible accumulation snow event of the winter in southern Lincoln County 7 miles above Alabama, and our eighth winter weather event counting the ice storm, all in a "la Nina" year when it was forecast to be warm and dry. I also follow the signs of nature as well as the meteorology, and they pointed all autumn to this kind of active winter in direct contrast to seasonal forecasting. Annual snowfall averages for this place are < 1" normally.

But tomorrow pivot day finally arrives. By Tuesday, we will be enjoying the low 60s for several days.

Currently ground fog, 32, winds calm and barometer at 29.93 inHg. They say we may get some flurries but I'll bet if we get anything it will be rain.

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

• Like 8

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic