Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 17-18th Winter Storm Thread.

John1122

8 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

TWC suggests Monterey (10 Miles west of me) will change to rain in the next hour while we will stay all snow with an additional 5" here...what are the odds they would actually change to rain but not us? We are only 100ft higher than them and they are a little north of us

I would honestly not pay much attention to TWC in situations like this.  Future radar has been showing rain over the south end of the count for the last hour. It's not close to happening once verification hits. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Save the itchy algae! said:

I’m leaving the hospital in Powell now and it’s light rain and 36.  Will give update on way home to Farragut.

Made it back to Farragut.  It was mostly rain all along 75/40 but had some snow mix in and it was 34 degrees.  I hit Pelissippi and it changed to 70/30 sn/rn mix at 33.  Once I passed Costco it dropped to 32 and became all snow.  At the house there’s slush on everywhere but the roads/sidewalks/etc.  just as I walked in it changed to freezing rain but looks like it’s back to snow now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Save the itchy algae! said:

Made it back to Farragut.  It was mostly rain all along 75/40 but had some snow mix in and it was 34 degrees.  I hit Pelissippi and it changed to 70/30 sn/rn mix at 33.  Once I passed Costco it dropped to 32 and became all snow.  At the house there’s slush on everywhere but the roads/sidewalks/etc.  just as I walked in it changed to freezing rain but looks like it’s back to snow now.

I appreciate the obs western neighbor!  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I would honestly not pay much attention to TWC in situations like this.  Future radar has been showing rain over the south end of the count for the last hour. It's not close to happening once verification hits. 

Yeah they were showing me at 5-8" just now with "heavy snow" and only showed Monterey with another inch before switching to rain. I doubt that's ever happened here before and I hadn't seen a forecast like that for here in the past

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic