• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 17-18th Winter Storm Thread.

John1122

I'm just wondering how long I'm going to have virga. Seems to have gotten to the ground quickly down Shawn's way if he already had some sleet. 

I didn't have virga very long maybe about 45 minutes, but it's still being eaten by dry air it's very very light sleet like pellets here and there. 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hooray!  Where have you been hoss?
Well, I had kind of a rough year, bro! My son was in sick for a long time and I had COVID on NYE and it's just been a whirlwind coming back but this is certainly lifting the spirits. What a treat this week has been!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

Not sure how much relevance this has for the valley. Cullman is on the west side of the plateau and has more access to low level cold air than we do. 

Plateau isn't holding the cold dry air back..soundings over the valley has -10° DP overhead. It's a race between the moisture penetrating to the surface (which it already is with the sleet reports coming in from the southern valley). Also, the reason MRX kept Hamilton in a WWA and HUN is now playing catch-up in their area. Models have done a poor job reflecting how quickly the moisture is reaching the surface. Warm air advection is still hours away. 00z HRRR sounding over McMinn..

20210217_204055.jpg

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic