Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18-19 Event

hazwoper

Just now, dssbss said:

Do we really think “round 2” will happen. I always think about wrap around snow (which I know this isn’t) but that never seems to come to fruition.

Yeah this thing looks like it's moving out. Not bad though, roughly 5" on the driveway. Started to pelt me with sleet and graupel while I was snowblowing but now it's not doing anything. Really pretty out though.

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The coastal didn't even form yet 

I guess I'm struggling to see how "the coastal" is going to bring much more precipitation to our region. Is the predicted precip tonight going to be from that? To my untrained eye it looks like the center of low pressure will be far offshore by then as opposed to the last storm where it was much deeper and hugged the shore quite a bit longer.

Looks like the show is over

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST FRIDAY......WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED...

* WHAT...Snow. Additional snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches.

* WHERE...Portions of northern New Jersey and east central and northeast Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...Until 10 AM EST Friday.

* IMPACTS...Expect slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions will impact the commute times this evening and on Friday morning.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow, sleet, and freezing rain will come to an end this afternoon. Light sleet and freezing rain will then spread over the area this evening into Friday. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Slow down and use caution while traveling. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. &&

• Weenie 1

I think tonight will be a nice topper to cover up the sleet layer. I bet most places see at least a coating but it looks to me based on guidance an addition inch or 2 seems likely from PHL north. N and W areas definitely seem favored though for it, we'll see. We are back to light sleet here, and now freezing rain. Glaze on all untreated surfaces, almost wiped out on the area I shoveled. Temp is up to 28F.

• Like 2

For those asking, the batch of precip currently expanding in the Tennessee Valley is our next batch for overnight...at least according to some guidance (matches ICON/RGEM the most). It is a sw embedded in the flow that will ride the boundary and enhance precip from the coastal low sitting off the coast. As other stated, probably enough do drop a c-3". Interestingly the ICON is most aggressive in lingering precip thru the day tomorrow. Maybe we can eek out the higher end of that range.

Tally so far is 8.5" here (7.5" snow, 1" sleet). 26F and freezing drizzle attm

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

For those asking, the batch of precip currently expanding in the Tennessee Valley is our next batch for overnight...at least according to some guidance (matches ICON/RGEM the most). It is a sw embedded in the flow that will ride the boundary and enhance precip from the coastal low sitting off the coast. As other stated, probably enough do drop a c-3". Interestingly the ICON is most aggressive in lingering precip thru the day tomorrow. Maybe we can eek out the higher end of that range.

Tally so far is 8.5" here (7.5" snow, 1" sleet). 26F and freezing drizzle attm

8.5" and you were jumping off the wagon ;)

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

44 minutes ago, dssbss said:

Looks like the show is over

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST FRIDAY......WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED...

* WHAT...Snow. Additional snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches.

* WHERE...Portions of northern New Jersey and east central and northeast Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...Until 10 AM EST Friday.

* IMPACTS...Expect slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions will impact the commute times this evening and on Friday morning.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow, sleet, and freezing rain will come to an end this afternoon. Light sleet and freezing rain will then spread over the area this evening into Friday. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Slow down and use caution while traveling. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. &&

States "looks like show is over" posts NWS forecast for WWA and 1-3" additional.  Definition of weenie

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1