• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18-19 Event

hazwoper

Honestly despite the modeling flaws and the forecast complexity I've been pleasantly surprised by how this event is going. We came in expecting a super messy setup and it has been. 

13 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Wow it sounds like Philly stole all the MA peoples snow, that how much for Philly guy better lay low until next winter 

Depends where in Philly. My staff in Fairmount report around 4". Here at city ave we got around 5" rather quickly (as expected) and now over to sig sleet. If someone got a golden shovel foot mazeltov to them. Where are the reports of 1 foot?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Always flips earlier. This was never a question.

Yeah but the WAA snows way overperformed to make up for it. We were all sleet in levittown 30 mins ago but not have changed back to 50/50 snow sleet. The sleet is accumulating quickly too. Up to 7" in Levittown. Curious how I'm doing up in Hopewell. My guess is 4-5". Haven't set up a webcam to my snowboard like ray yet.... That's next year's project :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Moderately Unstable said:

Honestly despite the modeling flaws and the forecast complexity I've been pleasantly surprised by how this event is going. We came in expecting a super messy setup and it has been. 

Depends where in Philly. My staff in Fairmount report around 4". Here at city ave we got around 5" rather quickly (as expected) and now over to sig sleet. If someone got a golden shovel foot mazeltov to them. Where are the reports of 1 foot?

One poster noted it.  I am pretty certain now he /she was full of ish

• Like 1

Just now, hazwoper said:

One poster noted it.  I am pretty certain now he /she was full of ish

Okay I was gonna say ...holy gradient batman! We've done well but in line with expectations as best I can tell haha. I consider that a win given how tough this forecast has been.

Just now, Chadzachadam said:

For those asking where there's a foot--I have been over a foot for a couple hours here in Conshohocken. Maybe half an inch of sleet now on top of 13" of snow

Well, that's impressive and qualifies, but not "Philly". If you hear someone say Philly got X, people think center city+ 5 miles. Higher elevations N&W often do better so while notable Philly folks wouldn't empathize with the sensible weather in Conshy (in this type of setup).

Just now, RedSky said:

Sure it's not sliding off the roof of City Hall?

Haha yes, pretty sure. Measured 8.5" on the path in front of the house around 8:15, cleared it, had 3.5" more that I cleared around 9:45, then about 1 additional inch that I cleared an hour ago. Table in the back that I haven't cleared at all also has around 13" and that's with sleet on top so I imagine it compacted at least a little bit

Just now, Moderately Unstable said:

Okay I was gonna say ...holy gradient batman! We've done well but in line with expectations as best I can tell haha. I consider that a win given how tough this forecast has been.

Well, that's impressive and qualifies, but not "Philly". If you hear someone say Philly got X, people think center city+ 5 miles. Higher elevations N&W often do better so while notable Philly folks wouldn't empathize with the sensible weather in Conshy (in this type of setup).

For sure, we probably have double the snow the Philly has this winter even though it's only 12 miles to the city for the reasons you mentioned

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

I always thought Conshy was in Philly so checked google that's amazing lol

I always forget how far to the northwest the Philadelphia city limits spread.  There are areas between Conshohocken and Roxborough that you would  never guess you are in the city.

• Like 2