Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 18-19 Event

hazwoper

Special Weather Statement NWS:

Sorry not really a read and paste type - just popped up on the laptop

Description

...A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW WILL AFFECT MERCER...SOUTHWESTERN MIDDLESEX...MONTGOMERY...SOUTHERN BUCKS...CHESTER...NORTHERN PHILADELPHIA AND NORTHERN DELAWARE COUNTIES... At 540 AM EST, a band of heavy snow was located from about central Chester County northeastward across the lower portions of Montgomery and Bucks counties then into southern Mercer County in New Jersey. This band is lifting northeastward. Snowfall rates of around an inch per hour will be common within this band. Given temperatures in the 20s and the cold ground, road conditions are rapidly deteriorating. In addition, the visibility will be reduced to one quarter of a mile within the heavy snow. Be prepared for snow covered roads. Slow down and allow extra time when traveling. Locations impacted include... Philadelphia, Trenton, West Chester, Bensalem, Ewing, Norristown, Pottstown, Phoenixville, Lansdale, West Norriton, East Norriton, Coatesville, Princeton, Westtown, Bristol, Doylestown, Downingtown, Conshohocken, Hatboro and Ambler.

6 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Just looked at the CC radar, there's a blob moving in from the WSW that appears to have sleet in it. Hope I can stay on the north side of the sleet.

I may be wrong but I think - at least based on the level 2 data, that the sleet line is WAY south!  ETA the below is from KDOX radar.

kdox_20210218_1047_BR_0.5.png