Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18-19 Event

hazwoper

11 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Eps is a bit further north than the op. You can tell it brings the mix line just south of 95. This is about the last run the ensembles are useful, so let's hope thats as far north as we get.

AAAE12A5-A6FC-4D78-8453-E3C1A573BC65.png

When you guys refer to 95, which 95 is it?  I'm in nj and there's the turnpike which is commonly referred to as 95. The 95 in Pennsylvania turns into 295 once it enters NJ.  I've always been curious. 

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, yankeex777 said:

When you guys refer to 95, which 95 is it?  I'm in nj and there's the turnpike which is commonly referred to as 95. The 95 in Pennsylvania turns into 295 once it enters NJ.  I've always been curious. 

Same corridor imo but it's 95 in pa and NJ turnpike. Also, it doesn't turn into 295 anymore since they built the extension in bristol.

Winter Storm Watch

for Lower Bucks County

Issued by National Weather Service

Philadelphia, PA

3:14 PM EST Tue, Feb 16, 2021

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow and sleet accumulations of 3 to 6 inches and ice accumulations of one tenth to one quarter of an inch possible.

* WHERE...Portions of central, northern and southern New Jersey, southeast Pennsylvania, northeast Maryland and northern Delaware.

* WHEN...From late Wednesday night through Friday afternoon.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Precipitation will begin as snow Thursday morning, with the heaviest snowfall expected Thursday morning into early Thursday afternoon. Sleet and/or freezing rain will then mix in Thursday evening into Thursday night. Light wintry precipitation may continue into the daytime hours on Friday.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.

17 hours ago, Albedoman said:

I had thought this exact same scenario playing out and stated in my blog a four  hours ago after the 18Z NAM run. Tonight's 0Z NAM runs looks like it is confirming my thoughts. Typical overrunning situation. Winter storm watches should be hiked by tomorrow evening for our area  if the NAM model stays consistent in tomorrows day runs  LMAO if the runs remain  consistent though. Its a keeper in my book after the crap we have tonight.

on cue. I think the total amount is more in tune with 8-12 right now as the models become more consistent and I also believe mixing will be not be as prevalent  from the LV north

1 hour ago, yankeex777 said:

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Same corridor imo but it's 95 in pa and NJ turnpike. Also, it doesn't turn into 295 anymore since they built the extension in bristol.

I understand the logic of changing I-95 to I-295 ,but I can't stand it and will always call it '95.

• Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

I understand the logic of changing I-95 to I-295 ,but I can't stand it and will always call it '95.

Before they realigned everything, 295 north would suddenly just turn into 95S right around when you cross over into pa over the Scuddersfalls bridge. It makes sense when you look at it on a map cause it's just one big circle, but still confusing. I think they changed that when they changed the exit numbers. 

28 minutes ago, yankeex777 said:

Before they realigned everything, 295 north would suddenly just turn into 95S right around when you cross over into pa over the Scuddersfalls bridge. It makes sense when you look at it on a map cause it's just one big circle, but still confusing. I think they changed that when they changed the exit numbers. 

Ha ha, coming from New Jersey yeah. I'm traveling north into NJ and still would call it I-95.

I still think main show for city is the initial thump. We probably lose some lift and mid level temps after. There are significant differences at this range on the models for what happens after the thump. It’s going to be the wildcard for turnpike N. The NAMs snow map looks similar to other models for the most part, but it gets there in a slightly different way.

in the grand scheme of things this storm looks better for the city than maybe any other event did at this range. I’m talking about consistency throughout each model. Last event the NAM never really came on board for Philly until real late etc etc. 

as for me, I’m going to setup shop somewhere NW of the city. Idk if I’ll be more west or north yet. I could stay home but with the timing I’ll be able to come home Friday. Isn’t like I’m diving 4 hours away or anything. 

right now for philly im still liking 4-7” with some sleet, but if we see a few more ticks colder at mid levels I’ll go 6-10” 

• Weenie 1

20 hours ago, Albedoman said:

I had thought this exact same scenario playing out and stated in my blog a four  hours ago after the 18Z NAM run. Tonight's 0Z NAM runs looks like it is confirming my thoughts. Typical overrunning situation. Winter storm watches should be hiked by tomorrow evening for our area  if the NAM model stays consistent in tomorrows day runs  LMAO if the runs remain  consistent though. Its a keeper in my book after the crap we have tonight.

ednesday Night
MT Holly pinpoint for Macungie is agreeable and makes sense to me with thinking 8-11 inches

Wed night--A chance of snow after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 20. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Thursday
Thurs--Snow. High near 29. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Thurs night-- Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 1am. Low around 27. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Friday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

2 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

DT has a map out.... first one of his this season that I think will verify. He Thinks the ice storm risk is significant. Makes sense the last interior ice storm hit almost this time of year was that 13-14?

Is this the map? Looks like more of a Virginia feature, which they don't really need since they are still recovering from ice this past weekend:

151500392_3741745532539344_7278019865464607731_o.thumb.jpg.d196d2ef42c794d4112e5504d4b5b7a9.jpg.9fd8fcd5b899e99c7f6f363721f4dd8d.jpg

• Weenie 1