Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

1 hour ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Getting serious Greensburg vibes from the videos from Mayfield. Just horrible. Worst-case scenario: a violent tornado consuming a town of some size in the middle of the night. Except Mayfield is considerably larger than Greensburg. Worst December tornado in the nation's history, perhaps, if these fatality estimates hold steady. The worst one I can think of previously was Vicksburg MS in 1953, 38 deaths. 

EDIT: Here's an outbreak in 1957 that affected the same general area (bullseyed a little bit to the north of last night's) in mid December, and it included an F5:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_outbreak_sequence_of_December_18–20,_1957

I agree.  When I saw it on google news this morning, I gasped at "100 dead".  My initial thought was a false flag, but there is no way they can fake this shit.  This is absolutely horrific.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Moving this over from banter. Unbelievable.

Right around the one minute mark you can see the manufacturing building with a lot of cars in the parking lot.  There re reports that there was a large building that collapsed where there was a mass casualty situation.. I think thats it.

1 hour ago, blueberryfaygo said:

I agree.  When I saw it on google news this morning, I gasped at "100 dead".  My initial thought was a false flag, but there is no way they can fake this shit.  This is absolutely horrific.

I know you’re just a troll, but I don’t believe the term “false flag” means what you think it means.

• Like 10

22 hours ago, blueberryfaygo said:

How the street cleaned off so fast?  Seems so neat an tidy.. and they are just letting everyone drive through.  So surreal.

22 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

It really has to be the first order of business so the emergency vehicles can get through.

We learned after Hurricane Hugo that you have to clear the street first. Debris leads to flat tires and slows down immediate response and therefore the transition to recovery.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

We learned after Hurricane Hugo that you have to clear the street first. Debris leads to flat tires and slows down immediate response and therefore the transition to recovery.

Absolutely!  We call (nails) tire finders for that reason.  Deck screws too.  When you have this kind of damage there is wood with fasteners sticking out everywhere making it dangerous to walk without a good pair of boots on as well.