Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

5 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

DCAPE is still several hundred J/kg lower than previous days. CAPE seems fine overall. 

It's up around 900 or so.    Was it that much higher on previous days?     Regardless, that's enough today to still have downburst issues, especially given the high CAPE.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, high risk said:

It's up around 900 or so.    Was it that much higher on previous days?     Regardless, that's enough today to still have downburst issues, especially given the high CAPE.

I think it was around 1200 on the stormier days and 1400 yesterday (which was a dud)

22 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Lightning tracker looks solid 

Is there an easy way to explain how this works?  I watched a pretty good bolt hit the ground very close to me in Towson with a huge bang last round of storms and a few min later on Radarscope it showed the bolt inside the blue location circle on my iPhone - - amazingly accurate I might add as the bolt hit to the south a bit and it was almost pinpoint accuracy to my eye on RadarScope.  Are there lightning antennas all over town and its triangulating?  That can't be it you would need to blanket the entire country!

3 minutes ago, AdamHLG said:

Is there an easy way to explain how this works?  I watched a pretty good bolt hit the ground very close to me in Towson with a huge bang last round of storms and a few min later on Radarscope it showed the bolt inside the blue location circle on my iPhone - - amazingly accurate I might add as the bolt hit to the south a bit and it was almost pinpoint accuracy to my eye on RadarScope.  Are there lightning antennas all over town and its triangulating?  That can't be it you would need to blanket the entire country!

This is one of the big providers. 

https://www.earthnetworks.com/Portals/0/pdf/ENTLN Global Slick_v4.pdf

2 minutes ago, AdamHLG said:

Or possibly an army of weather weenies posting their obs in real time. B)

• Like 1

The area near Darnestown to Potomac and vicinity looks similarly placed as the PG/East MoCo area did earlier in the week. Backbuilding could keep them in heavy rain for some time. Probably going to be some cases of high water or flooding out that way. 

4 minutes ago, MDphotog said:

Congrats.  Figures, two weeks after I move out of Walkersville they get a better storm than I have seen in a long, long time. Haha

lol, i guess i lucked out with this one.  gonna be some downed trees/power lines with these and maybe the ones down in moco i'm assuming.