Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

Not sure I beat that.

Now…I picked up about 2.00” of rain in the last 72 hours, so I’m not complaining. I also (kinda) don’t want tennis ball hail hitting my house.

Lol. I was watching that storm before it ducked South of Montclair thinking this one will be fun.  Then i read the warning and I was perfectly happy with my .15 of rain.

54 minutes ago, Derecho! said:

it is so wierd the Philly board doesnt even have a SVR thread. And they would have 100 times the posts for a quarter inch of flurries than a PDS tornado.

Most philly posters who did post here,have since moved to post on phillywx 

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Another exciting severe weather day in the MA. Looking forward to the next super dry multi-day wind event. One thing we are decent at outside of heat and humidity.

we are so good at failing! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CAPE said:

12 drops here followed by some broken high clouds and sun.

Pathetic system, again the hype was an indication of the likely failure. Except for Philly and North and central NJ. 

Most of my rain has fallen outside of flash flood watches and likely events.  Strange summer. I really thought we were going to get nailed today.  

1 minute ago, frd said:

Pathetic system, again the hype was an indication of the likely failure. Except for Philly and North and central NJ. 

Most of my rain has fallen outside of flash flood watches and likely events.  Strange summer. I really thought we were going to get nailed today.  

What? Considering it was cloudy the entire day, I thought this was a pretty big outbreak.

1 minute ago, frd said:

I'd say the EZF cell was big

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Amped said:

Ignore the troll. This isn't the plains, so one tornado isn't a bust. I was impressed just to see supercells with a strong hook. 

You just don't get it do you?

We are not even talking about tornadoes bud, talking about general rainfall probabilities, excessive rainfall,  and the potential for damaging winds.  Should have been a wide area of at least some action, but the majority was well north and in the Southern areas more so scattered. You commnet is troll-ish.   And wow, you kow geography, you are correct this is not the Plains.   

14 minutes ago, frd said:

You just don't get it do you?

We are not even talking about tornadoes bud, talking about general rainfall probabilities, excessive rainfall,  and the potential for damaging winds.  Should have been a wide area of at least some action, but the majority was well north and in the Southern areas more so scattered. You commnet is troll-ish.   And wow, you kow geography, you are correct this is not the Plains.   

I mean I would agree. We have better coverage with decent storms in a marginal outlook versus slight/enhanced. But has I said mid morning, sunny sky’s turned into overcast. Kiss of death. It’s not anything unexpected around here lol. 

Today was not just about sunny skies and having the most CAPE, thermal gradient boundaries, and outflow boundaries from last night's storms played into this if one is looking for supercells and the higher end severe weather. Sure if we all had an extra 2 hours of full sunshine and the regionwide CAPE was 500-1000j/kg higher then today would have been different. That isn't realistic in this region.