Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Weird. Looked really ominous and dangerous, but just some rolling thunder and rain with this at my part of Balt City. 

A few minutes of respectable wind gusts here, mostly before the rain. Otherwise a routine summer boomer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So on a whim I bought Radarscope during tonight's storminess...lol Not the juiciest storm, but even so...have always wanted to have a nicer radar to follow!

You'll love it.  Radarscope is awesome.  I've seen the rain/sleet/snow line in winter storms on that thing and it is very accurate.

• Like 2

So I got hit pretty good.  Not a ton of rain at 0.4, but had some gusts at 50-60.  I had some nice 30-inch long by 10-inch tall and wide wood planter pots on my deck bannister that I was sure were heavy enough not to worry about.  Nope -- one was blown off and smashed with the plants assassinated.  Going on amazon to look for brackets

Despite earlier watches/warnings, we got absolutely NUTTIN' in this corner of NoVA....which leads me to believe that poor @H2O and @GATECH are sweating off their nether regions right now at B swim meets on their respective neighborhood pool decks.  :(  Still holding out hope for some rain and at least a little lightning/thunder with a slightly less punchier Round #2 moving in from the west.

25 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

You'll love it.  Radarscope is awesome.  I've seen the rain/sleet/snow line in winter storms on that thing and it is very accurate.

I'm going to bite the bullet too.....From all of the many posts from the screenshots, it looks amazing compared to everything else out there. 

10 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Despite earlier watches/warnings, we got absolutely NUTTIN' in this corner of NoVA....which leads me to believe that poor @H2O and @GATECH are sweating off their nether regions right now at B swim meets on their respective neighborhood pool decks.  :(  Still holding out hope for some rain and at least a little lightning/thunder with a slightly less punchier Round #2 moving in from the west.

At least it cooled down a bit with an outflow boundary…I will take my relief where I can get it!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

Some sort of interference. There has been a lot of talk about it during prior precip events going back a year or so (or more). 

They are working on tracking it down. I operate a wireless network on the east side of DC and was contacted by a FCC enforcement agent trying to find out where the offending transmitter was located.

• Like 1