Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

1 hour ago, midatlanticweather said:

There ya go!

image.png.7d89b2b11ba20f0eb04709d57b6128b7.png

I was just NE of that, lots of lightning but no wind or noise from actual tornado on ground.  So far this season this has been the best storm for us.  No verified severe which is the case 89% of the time.  Nice activity from second round right now.  Lights are flickering too.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
653 PM EDT THU JUN 3 2021

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
  CENTRAL HARFORD COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...

* UNTIL 730 PM EDT.

* AT 653 PM EDT, A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO
  WAS LOCATED OVER BEL AIR SOUTH, OR 8 MILES WEST OF ABERDEEN, MOVING
  NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

HAZARD...TORNADO.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.

IMPACT...FOR THOSE IN THE DIRECT PATH OF A TORNADO TOUCHDOWN, 
           FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DANGEROUS TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT 
           SHELTER. DAMAGE TO ROOFS, SIDING, AND WINDOWS MAY OCCUR. 
           MOBILE HOMES MAY BE DAMAGED OR DESTROYED. TREE DAMAGE IS 
           LIKELY.

* THIS DANGEROUS STORM WILL BE NEAR...
  ABERDEEN AROUND 715 PM EDT.

LWX will be out to check the Jacksonville/Phoenix area, they were under the first tornado warning during the 5pm hour. Lot of tree damage. 

Had three separate rounds of storms IMBY, the first we were on the northern edge of that tornado warned storm/area. 

Second was from line two, lot of rain/thunder with that one

Third was around 8pm, was absolutely pouring and of course I had to leave the house to pick up the kid from gymnastics. slowest driving I've had to do recently because there was so much ponding on the roads. 

just over 1 inch of rain yesterday 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, mappy said:

LWX will be out to check the Jacksonville/Phoenix area, they were under the first tornado warning during the 5pm hour. Lot of tree damage. 

Had three separate rounds of storms IMBY, the first we were on the northern edge of that tornado warned storm/area. 

Second was from line two, lot of rain/thunder with that one

Third was around 8pm, was absolutely pouring and of course I had to leave the house to pick up the kid from gymnastics. slowest driving I've had to do recently because there was so much ponding on the roads. 

just over 1 inch of rain yesterday 

I am about 2 miles south of Jacksonville. We had a little wind and lots of rain. Measured 1.88 inches in the gauge yesterday 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, midatlanticweather said:

Shows tornado forming on ground. Little guy.. But cool

R.I.P. dear wind chimes hanging in the yard! Dear God, those things go up on end for a second, and then they're straight up GONE like Dorothy's house on its way to Oz. Interesting to see it "dance" in a spiral in the yard for minute or two....I thought it would be moving off right away. I know this was a little guy, but wow...tornadoes are Mother Nature's way of saying, "F*ck around and find out."

47 minutes ago, H2O said:

If I got .01 from it I'd be surprised.

Yeah, for all of the dark sky drama last night, it was sort of lame. I still haven't replaced my rain gauge (BAD weather nerd!), but we got about 5 minutes of heavy rain and one hearty lightning bolt/thunderclap. Tracking the radar for the northern crew was far more interesting.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 32º said:

Because red and green do not meet in stark contrast, could this be outflow from a downburst?

Also remember that is a decent distance from the radar site. So if that is the 0.5 degree tilt, the beam is pretty high at that point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think we have a bit of the Potomac River "bubble" going on here in the Southern portion of MD, storms have really struggled to sustain themselves as soon as they get over the water. I guess it just has a way of stabilizing the environment.

8 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Warned the northern part of the storm too... pretty pathetic warning IMO. Can't find a pixel with a >30mph wind reading on RadarScope. 

Latest update has several 40kt + pixels. Definitely warrants the SVR for wet microburst potential.

• Thanks 1