Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

Sorry, friend. I think the heaviest stuff will miss me south unless is expands ... whomp whomp. Baseball cancelled tho! 

Going to graduation now.  It just poured here and we are going to Westminster.  Going to need a really BIG umbrella. 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Ugh, north of 70 rakeage. Nothing here

25 minutes ago, MDstorm said:

Pikesville getting raked with hail, torrential rain, and swirling winds

The first round delivered the goods here. Even got a little hail, and now it looks like north of here is tornado warned. 

Also, I’ve lost power.

I was in the storm that ended up Tornado warned in Baltimore county as it crossed 795.  Not surprised. Had a very pronounced wall cloud with clearly evident updraft and some minor rotation at that time. Followed by gusty winds and large hail in the core. I kept refreshing the nws site kinda surprised there wasn’t a tornado warning based on what I observed. 

• Like 7

Gapped so far, and a peek at some of the SPC mesoscale doesn't seem too encouraging for DC immediate. Still, the Sterling discussion said: 

"Continued moisture advection and height falls overnight will likely lead to at least scattered shower and thunderstorm activity persisting well into the overnight hours, though with somewhat less intensity overall" (ital mine)

So maybe we'll get something a bit later?