Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Start rooting for the mason-dixon cluster.

pfft I always root for a PA line jackpot

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Oh, so bad mapping:lol: lol ok thanks

LOL yes!

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I’m in the same situation and I could go for a rainout.

Same friend. This week she has something every evening, so no time to do things here... need a night off of not having to run around!

• Like 1

We have to leave for our game in about an hour and looks very likely storms won’t be here by then. Unless they start popping closer to home. So might be a drive there, warmup, and then get poured on scenario. Those annoy me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

We have to leave for our game in about an hour and looks very likely storms won’t be here by then. Unless they start popping closer to home. So might be a drive there, warmup, and then get poured on scenario. Those annoy me.

Hahahaha, Mr. Map and I were just talking about the exact same scenario. We have to leave a little after 5, and we said it will be our luck we will drive the 30 min to the field, get warmed up and then it will start raining. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

As someone who lives near Reston I hate the radar it has a split right between the two areas of storminess and I know there is no way that is filling in unless a miracle happens.. maybe the NWS should of stuck with that map that excluded Fairfax county from the watch. 

Now that "split" we tend to see when summer storms come from the west...guessing that's the mountains that do that?

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Gonna be close...Im thinking the ol' DC-Balt split might happen. Cells to our north and south but mostly a miss! We'll see. Crunch time will probably be about 5-7

Got 5 seconds of heavy rain in the sun then nothing. It is such pain living just west of the DC death split for storms because every time it looks like you are just far enough west to avoid the split and then you get 5 seconds of rain. Anyways is there a chance that any more storms could pop up? There seem to some out in the valley but wondering if it will hold. 

• Like 1