Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

Just now, SnowenOutThere said:

Some pretty good storms seem to be firing in West Virginia and the a severe thunderstorm watch has been issued for areas north of the mason-dixon line. 

Seems to be with a lee trough that's developed. Hope this doesn't spoil our chances for later.

Yeah baby bring me that cold pool induced convective development. Been sunny all day, temp is 90, and the dews are high. This airmass is buoyant.

eta- DP is 73 here. Mid summer sultriness out there.

I am sure all convection will manage to avoid my yard though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Radar actually looks decent. Lots of cells - if they can congeal and gain some intensity it could be a fun afternoon. They could just as easily form a DC area split, though. 

I see the trajectory gives me that feeling too! I see it happen a lot if times here in Purcellville in similar set ups... but a lot of heat and moisture east of the mountains today could keep them going or help them intensify.. so I have hope!

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Thats one of the strangest watch areas Ive ever seen...would love to know the reasoning

You mean the map in the tweet? just a funky map error -- if you go to LWX page, those counties are pink with a severe thunderstorm watch.