Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Not trying to put the cart before the horse here, but the LSRs from Frederick County are right where the transient CC drop was.

That second report is right in the middle of Libertytown. Literally 26 and 75 meet in the town center, not a very big town. 

And caught the tail end of the storm over here pushing my rain totals up to 0.94" still raining lightly so may go up to an inch. 

15 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Yea the Southern tip of that put me over 1" for the day. Much more rain to my North going to be bad flooding from all this rain. The Potomac will be raging tomorrow for sure. 

Yep...the Monocacy too.  And just when the rivers were getting into good fishing shape.

The creek in our backyard is just about to break out of its banks...Think it may come up short though.

Just now, poolz1 said:

Yep...the Monocacy too.  And just when the rivers were getting into good fishing shape.

The creek in our backyard is just about to break out of its banks...Think it may come up short though.

Yea will have to look at Ballenger Creek right behind my house. It runs through a cow pasture back there, the cows get agitated when it floods. 

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

@mappy hope you’re paying attention. That tornadic cell is heading towards you. Tornado from that just missed my uncle in Shenandoah Junction WV earlier. He said he saw it. 

•  

Petered out well before the county line.  They usually do or veer south. Nice relaxing shower now, a few rumbles of thunder.  Biggest performers of the night are the Gray Tree Frogs.  They are out in full force.  The hooters (Barred Owls) will be happy! :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

TOR dropped. That's all she wrote. Impressive to see a rogue TOR warned cell for ~50 miles on an otherwise benign day.

Didn't seem like there was enough to make one form so weather does some strange stuff when you least expect it.

9 hours ago, toolsheds said:

heading towards @mappy

9 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

@mappy hope you’re paying attention. That tornadic cell is heading towards you. Tornado from that just missed my uncle in Shenandoah Junction WV earlier. He said he saw it. 

•  

9 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

@mappy looks safe. Probably going to swing well south from Glyndon into Hunt Valley.

8 hours ago, midatlanticweather said:

@mappy was active on twitter about an hour ago. I think she was aware and keeping safe

thanks all. i was watching it from frederick as it moved east. i was on the northern edge of the cell. appreciate you all looking out! 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, mappy said:

thanks all. i was watching it from frederick as it moved east. i was on the northern edge of the cell. appreciate you all looking out! 

Glad you didn't end up like the witch in the Wizard of Oz!

• Like 1

The latest run of the HRRR has some good cells erupting right over the area from 20z and after. This has been a change from the 06z run. So the 7, 8, 9 and now 10z have shown a similar progression of storms. Let's see if it holds. 

19 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Glad you didn't end up like the witch in the Wizard of Oz!

I was def a little anxious about it when it was in Carroll, as it was moving more northeast then east at the time, then as it was weakening you could see it becoming more linear and moving east instead. got a lot of thunder and lightning from it though. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

The latest run of the HRRR has some good cells erupting right over the area from 20z and after. This has been a change from the 06z run. So the 7, 8, 9 and now 10z have shown a similar progression of storms. Let's see if it holds. 

Clear skies this morning will help.  Usually have some leftover OV crapvection overcast that messes things up

• Like 3