Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 14-16 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

3 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Conditions are something here. Just so much snow, it’s like fog. Just measured 3.2”. So in addition to part one’s 2.2”, up to 5.4” storm total. Will measure again at midnight. Going to be a long night. :D

Back edge of the better snow still isn't through St. Louis, so not looking like there will be an early shutoff.

2 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Definitely accumulating fast but it's more powdery than fluffy so not sure how high the ratios will end up being

This is my concern as well.  Still very powdery and small flake size in Toledo.  Perhaps better moister will do it.  

30 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Conditions are something here. Just so much snow, it’s like fog. Just measured 3.2”. So in addition to part one’s 2.2”, up to 5.4” storm total. Will measure again at midnight. Going to be a long night. :D

Just measured 4.1” here about 4.5 miles NW of the city.  Currently sitting in a heavy band and poring snow.  

3 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

there still appears to be a main band of LES coming ashore Lake./Cook but south east of that several multi-bands moving into central cook with heavier system snow overlap and even yellow pixels on COD (32 dBZ) radar which is very impressive for dry fluffy snow

>30 dbz in a lake band is officially barfing snow territory.

• Like 3

Picked up 2”+ in the past 90 minutes in northern St Clair county, there’s a thin band of snow hitting us off southern Lake Huron and it’s intense. Wind is really ramping up also out of the north east. Just looking at the radar the storm looks like it’s heading more north north east then north east like I thought it was supposed to. Heck even northern lower will pick up a few inches if it keeps heading north. Enjoy the snow everyone!

• Like 1

Hey Stebo, I know you’ve had some opinions on DTW over the years, what would you have done for the GRR forecast area? 

It’s seems crazy to me (just a lurker mind you) that based on 24 hr trends and current guidance that most if not all of their

advisory counties should have been upgraded to warning. Even using a conservative 18:1 slr (their number per afd) and 

avg. qpf of around 0.35-0.40 for the whole area, you come out with snowfall and event duration  that would seem to warrant the upgrade?