Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 14-16 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

32 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Happy that I'm a lazy government employee that gets to sit at home today (and get paid to boot) and watch this all unfold. :D

The areal coverage that this event has and is hitting will be one for the books. 

Government employee here too, but I had to come into the office today. I already told the Director that I'll be working from home tomorrow. Yep, this is the one that most of the sub forum has been wishing for, excluding Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota, although they all got in on winter while all we saw was bare ground.

Also, anyone else here on NWSChat? I got booted awhile ago, and can't get back in. Outage?

3 minutes ago, featherwx said:

Not even a flurry now—I knew there’d be some tight gradients across Cook and possibly within the city, but damn. Birds have even started chirping outside of my office because they think the coast is clear now

I have a few flurries here at Western and Devon, but a mile north of me the band is absolutely ripping. It seems to be tipping south every so slightly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, featherwx said:

Not even a flurry now—I knew there’d be some tight gradients across Cook and possibly within the city, but damn. Birds have even started chirping outside of my office because they think the coast is clear now

Don't feel bad.  Almost looked like there was an attempt at some filtered sun here earlier.  Will be nice when the main synoptic slug arrives.

10 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Government employee here too, but I had to come into the office today. I already told the Director that I'll be working from home tomorrow. Yep, this is the one that most of the sub forum has been wishing for, excluding Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota, although they all got in on winter while all we saw was bare ground.

Also, anyone else here on NWSChat? I got booted awhile ago, and can't get back in. Outage?

Yeah NWSChat is down, won’t let me log in either. Keeps trying and failing. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Don't feel bad.  Almost looked like there was an attempt at some filtered sun here earlier.  Will be nice when the main synoptic slug arrives.

I know I’m being greedy at this point but I just can’t help it. Probably could’ve gotten away with driving to and from work today!