Hoosier

0300 AM     SNOW             3 N VALPARAISO          41.52N 87.07W  
02/15/2021  M10.0 INCH       PORTER             IN   TRAINED SPOTTER    

MOST SNOW FELL BETWEEN 12 AM AND 3 AM WITH   
            NEARLY 3 INCH PER HOUR RATES AT TIMES.   

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, RCNYILWX said:

My friend lives up in North Center/Roscoe Village area and he said already 2-3" down, I'm guessing which includes non LES into this morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm located at the same location and can confirm. Most of that was from last night, but it's coming down fast now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Chicago getting a taste of a real lake effect storm today. Such a sick band! You guys are going to be addicted to it now like I am. ^_^

WUNIDS_map?num=10&type=N0R&mapx=400&mapy

I'm from the suburbs, usually LES only adds an inch or two. My first winter living in the city and this will be the first time i'm seeing a legit lake effect snow storm and i'm HYPE for it. I've always wanted to go to upstate new york and sit through a 30+inch snow storm just to see how you guys deal with it!

• Like 1

If anyone from the LOT CWA is interested, you can PM me your snow reports through the event. It would probably be easier to keep up that way. I know everyone on here is pretty diligent at measuring, so it would help to have some solid reports. Also, believe it or not we don't get a ton of reports from the city, so in particular for this event with the LES, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Going to be interesting tonight. 700mb low will take a track well to the west yet models painting in heaviest snow closest to Lk Erie.  Think they may be underestimating the mid level dryslot per usual.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the heaviest snow actually set up just NW of Toronto rather than Niagara region.

1 hour ago, TheNiño said:

My view of Lake Michigan looking toward Chicago from Racine. This is way more impressive in person. Really incredible. So primed!

That's nice! .... Down here in the band it's way breezier than it looks up there.