Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 14-16 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

5 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

9+ inches of snow and a temperature of 6 degrees. 

Their average low is 33 this time of year.

Down by Brownsville lmao...

Description: Freezing Rain
Magnitude: 0.01 INCH
Report Time: 10:41 pm EST - 2/14/2021
Remarks: REPORTS OF SLEET AND ICE ACCUMULATING ON TRASH CAN.

Edit:  Can't help myself but thats a first description for me, and on Valentines day no less.  I'm torn between laughing and sorrow.  I mean it could be Grapes of Wrath shit :tomato:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Quick Stanley slant stick measurement of 1.5 so far. It's hyper fluff. It's the kind of flakes your instincts tell you not to touch because they'll cut you lol.  Still steady SN.  The models are similar 48 out as to this 06Z HRRR run.  In at least the 9 years I've been back up here I've never seen a 2 day model run like this, from S Texas to Nova Scotia, with these kind of amounts that have a higher than usual confidence level of verifying.  Especially snow amounts through the entire part of the sub that usually has to Nickle and Dime our way to a 25+ inch season and deal with Ptype issues more than most.  A "Dickens" kind of event, the orphans get to cash in for once ;)  But seriously, this map is pretty amazing especially since it may come close to being reality over the next 48 hrs.  Still worried about wind out in the stix, some folks could very well get stuck where they're at until Friday or Saturday including myself, if some of these longer range amounts and stronger winds come to fruition.  Sorry for the non scientific post, just a late night commentary of what may be to come.  This week could go down as one of the best ever in these parts.  I'm going to enjoy every damn minute of it, may not see it again until 2030 or longer around here if it plays out lol. :weenie:

snku_acc.conus.png 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Snowing at 1 degree, this is awesome. 

Just went for a short drive. 1” of powder already turning the roads into a disaster with a 20mph wind, already causing blowing snow. I hate to imagine what they will be like later with 6-10”. probably impassable. 

Yeah I live on an E-W road that can drift pretty good with a N wind.  I could see from your area over to west central OH getting really bad later this evening.  If that second system pans out theres no way county crews will be even close to keeping up.  We're already planning on potentially being stuck till Friday at least.

14 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Yeah I live on an E-W road that can drift pretty good with a N wind.  I could see from your area over to west central OH getting really bad later this evening.  If that second system pans out theres no way county crews will be even close to keeping up.  We're already planning on potentially being stuck till Friday at least.

Yeah I live just outside Champaign (rural) and the roads are crap already. As Alek said, high impact event incoming. 

I've never seen LES anywhere near like what is being modeled, makes it hard not to be skeptical, bands tend to stay just offshore or settle into hoosier land but the cook co signal seems p loud. 
The look of the LES already into northeast Lake IN seems to bode well for IL side lake effect/enhancement. Your area looks prime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just catching up. Looks like game on. See Dupage got bumped to a warning, which I figured they would if amounts via model consensus stayed the same. Haven't read AFD's yet, but was surprised to see the Lake event aspect shutting off early tomorrow. Thought that might carry on a touch longer. Looks like another day of board following......

• Like 1