Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 14-16 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Nice to see our former city of residence get a good one.  Has a shot to dethrone everything since 2/13/2007 for them.  Should at least rank up there with things like 12/15/07, 3/24/2013, 1/5/2014.

Yeah. First foot +  storm since V-Day 07 looking very possible. Always root for our former home.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

The WRF-ARW is an ORD destroyer and gives@Hoosier some love. There's enough of a signal across the high res models and some of the ops I think to buy into a corridor of well over 12" totals from synoptic+lake enhancement.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tuesday is a wild card to me, especially as we get into afternoon and evening.  Parameters are still good enough to support a respectable snow band then, but how it behaves is a bit of a mystery.

• Like 1

Just now, RCNYILWX said:

The WRF-ARW is an ORD destroyer and gives@Hoosier some love. There's enough of a signal across the high res models and some of the ops I think to buy into a corridor of well over 12" totals from synoptic+lake enhancement.

How does the storm track impact the lake effect in NE IL? Is it a case of further west of the track the further the lake effect or would that just mean the same general amount of lake effect but greater totals from the "system snow"

My current thinking is a widespread 6-10” across most of S ON, including the Windsor-London-KW-GTA corridor. Local amounts up to 12”. Hamilton-Niagara area is 8-12” with local amounts up to 15” given lake enhancement and upslope flow. Wind gusts ~40-60km/hr will create blizzard like conditions tomorrow night. Peak snowfall rates >1”/hr likely for several hours tomorrow night.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, KokomoWX said:

My hopes are high over in OKK too.  

Get out early to enjoy it.  This one could get scary out in the stix Monday night.  I'm gonna be out with an extra 300 lbs in the back of the truck but don't think I'll venture too far from the homestead the later it gets Monday night.  Just want to see if the drifting pans out like I think it will.  Got a feeling its going to be Sahara desert dunes in the country lol

5 minutes ago, blizzardof96 said:

My current thinking is a widespread 6-10” across most of S ON, including the Windsor-London-KW-GTA corridor. Local amounts up to 12”. Hamilton-Niagara area is 8-12” with local amounts up to 15” given lake enhancement and upslope flow. Wind gusts ~40-60km/hr will create blizzard like conditions tomorrow night. Peak snowfall rates >1”/hr likely for several hours tomorrow night.

Should be a nice storm. I thought this would completely miss us a few days ago. 

I think we will have the deepest snowpack of the season after this. Another possible shot towards the end of the week too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

The WRF-ARW is an ORD destroyer and gives[mention=14]Hoosier[/mention] some love. There's enough of a signal across the high res models and some of the ops I think to buy into a corridor of potentially well over 12" totals from synoptic+lake enhancement.

It’s got 13.2 inches of snow down by midnight tomorrow. Oh my goodness, oh my damn.

• Like 1

How does the storm track impact the lake effect in NE IL? Is it a case of further west of the track the further the lake effect or would that just mean the same general amount of lake effect but greater totals from the "system snow"
Even though the sfc low track is still well southeast of us, the position of the surface high and the surface low being farther northwest than earlier runs brings the low level convergence axis farther west/northwest. The thermodynamics were always favorable to get good lake enhancement/effect but getting the synoptic farther northwest only helps with totals for locations in line for lake enhancement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1