Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Does anyone here still post on a PC?

I was wondering if anyone on here actually uses a phone to post. For quick messages its fine, but to look at models in depth, soundings, bufkit etc and then attach them as pictures here...all i use is a PC. Theres nothing more annoying than looking at models on a phone.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I only time was Feb1-3 while working but that was my first post from a desktop in years I think. 

Ive probably posted on here on a phone like twice. Everythings just so much faster esp when you type at like 100wpm, no way i can do that on a phone.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

image.png.e37ca21aac8cfcf08c22de4340ea23d6.png

NYC weenies nose diving off the GW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I was wondering if anyone on here actually uses a phone to post. For quick messages its fine, but to look at models in depth, soundings, bufkit etc and then attach them as pictures here...all i use is a PC. Theres nothing more annoying than looking at models on a phone.

Agreed.  Hate models on phone despite using it most of the time.  At home though it’s usually 17-inch laptop monitor sitting on my lap on the couch, ha.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Dude I am totally on my phone all the time. IPAD for radar.

• Like 2

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Ive probably posted on here on a phone like twice. Everythings just so much faster esp when you type at like 100wpm, no way i can do that on a phone.

Weenies nose diving off the GW.

If I take my laptop out, I have two kids ready to pound on it and rip crayons. It’s a dangerous household here and I’m always on the go. The Phone is just more efficient for me. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know there was discussion of upper air winds today and there destruction shear of storms. However sometimes they can provide venting . I knew I had seen this setup before.  2 12 94. Just showing there is a high side if we can get a north trend

gfs_uv250_us_4.png

Screenshot_20210217-195207_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210217-200303_Chrome.jpg

Also predicted 4 to 8 and long drawn out.

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Man .. you def in minority. I would estimate 2-3 years since I logged onto a PC to post. To each their own

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dude I am totally on my phone all the time. IPAD for radar.

i dont know how you do it, i can type like 10X faster on a keyboard. To each their own i guess...its just so nice to have dual 27" monitors to look at models. Lets not even talk about photoshop and the graphics i put out...i could NEVER on a phone.

• Like 1

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

i dont know how you do it, i can type like 10X faster on a keyboard. To each their own i guess...its just so nice to have dual 27" monitors to look at models. Lets not even talk about photoshop and the graphics i put out...i could NEVER on a phone.

It’s your job so that’s different. You put in a ton of work...no way it can be done as efficiently from a phone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man .. you def in minority. I would estimate 2-3 years since I logged onto a PC to post. To each their own

I work in IT so 75% all my posting is done from a 13” MacBook Pro docked to a nice high res display - but that’s only because I’m in front of it 8-12 hours a day.

However posting from a mobile device isn’t nearly as bad as it used to be thanks to the forum upgrades. Even the model sites really aren’t to bad on a large phone display. And you have RadarScope as well.

In 2021 you can have the best of both worlds and not be too handicapped using one or the other…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know there was discussion of upper air winds today and there destruction shear of storms. However sometimes they can provide venting . I knew I had seen this setup before.  2 12 94. Just showing there is a high side if we can get a north trend

gfs_uv250_us_4.png

Screenshot_20210217-195207_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210217-200303_Chrome.jpg

2/12/94 did not have much of a surface low though.  It was purely overrunning, it was basically a baby version of PD2...similar setup to that but shorter duration with a raging +NAO where as I believe PD2 NAO was flipping from neg-pos..

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Well thats a horse of a different color. With predictive text and finger drag typing. I am 10 times faster on the phone.  I will go to the laptop if I ever want to post an edited graphic 

13 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

NYC weenies nose diving off the GW.

On a PC all day and all night, Better for comparing models,  Very seldom post on the phone, If not, On my laptop or i'll use my ipad.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

2/12/94 did not have much of a surface low though.  It was purely overrunning, it was basically a baby version of PD2...similar setup to that but shorter duration with a raging +NAO where as I believe PD2 NAO was flipping from neg-pos..

You just pretty much described this setup but 2 12 94 had a very distinctive 850 700 low

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

On a PC all day and all night, Better for comparing models,  Very seldom post on the phone, If not, On my laptop or i'll use my ipad.

We are old  though. You more so than me. ;)

Sure I love my iPhone but if I am at home I am generally on the laptop.  Much more utility and speed for me.  

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are old  though. You more so than me. ;)

Sure I love my iPhone but if I am at home I am generally on the laptop.  Much more utility and speed for me.  

I have an iphone as well, But yeah, Once these young guys eyes start to leave them, They will be looking for a larger screen, ha ha

16 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think that trying to read models on my phone has cost me a couple years' worth of eyesight. Can't do it without reading glasses now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1