• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

Yeah GFS16 is very paltry compared to the GFS. As far as qpf goes the GFS took a big slice off and GFS16 nudged up slightly. Ill be very intteresed to see how it does overall with this system as well compared to the GFS. IMO GFS16 has been great this season and ive been using it heavily in fxing...when its available. 

450922293_gfs-deterministic-para-massachusetts-total_precip_inch-3833200(1).thumb.png.e7be389372b436da66269f83d16f6471.pnggfs-deterministic-para-massachusetts-total_precip_inch-3833200.thumb.png.f050b2172b58df2f51ef0707255e1672.png

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m this close to filling in part of that sucker hole. Love your maps man, that stuff is a lot of work.

Thank you i appreciate it. Sometimes i wonder if anyone really cares about those kind of maps...like STD snowfall totals for the current year, or all the seasonal maps ive done for the past 5-6 years so any feedback or hearing that people like it makes me want to keep doing it. We're always going to snowfall/ice fx for the business/website etc but the other ones like the STD snowfall map are just for fun. And yeah its very time consuming especially gathering the data and drawing the gradient colors. The snowfall verification maps, the ones i do after a snowfall ususally take 3-4 hours each, sometimes more when its a big double digit storm and theres 100s of reports.

And dont worry you will fill in that sucker hole...while we move on to the 50-60 range :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thank you i appreciate it. Sometimes i wonder if anyone really cares about those kind of maps...like STD snowfall totals for the current year, or all the seasonal maps ive done for the past 5-6 years so any feedback or hearing that people like it makes me want to keep doing it. We're always going to snowfall/ice fx for the business/website etc but the other ones like the STD snowfall map are just for fun. And yeah its very time consuming especially gathering the data and drawing the gradient colors. The snowfall verification maps, the ones i do after a snowfall ususally take 3-4 hours each, sometimes more when its a big double digit storm and theres 100s of reports.

And dont worry you will fill in that sucker hole...while we move on to the 50-60 range :lol:

We do care. Keep em coming. Great work guys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The one on the top is usually fairly close. The one on the bottom rarely ever is. 

yea thats what ive been told overall the one on top is great. The one on the bottom is just easier on the eyes to read and get an overall idea of whats going on. Actually that one, just speaking for my location exactly is spot on and it usually is for some reason.

29 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah GFS16 is very paltry compared to the GFS. As far as qpf goes the GFS took a big slice off and GFS16 nudged up slightly. Ill be very intteresed to see how it does overall with this system as well compared to the GFS. IMO GFS16 has been great this season and ive been using it heavily in fxing...when its available. 

450922293_gfs-deterministic-para-massachusetts-total_precip_inch-3833200(1).thumb.png.e7be389372b436da66269f83d16f6471.pnggfs-deterministic-para-massachusetts-total_precip_inch-3833200.thumb.png.f050b2172b58df2f51ef0707255e1672.png

It looked like the old GFS cut back the qpf mostly in the NYC, LI and CT area.  Around these parts it was mostly just noise.  IMBY it was .01 less.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Bust potential is on the higher side not lower . I’d be careful about knee jerking . JMO

not knee jerking, adjusting. 5-10 is a bit too high at the moment for any guidance. And this could bust either way, especially if that WAA snows push farther north than current advertised, then add the 2nd part..

• Like 1