Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I wasn't kidding when I said I've enjoyed this winter. I got my big dog, torched it away in a week, avoided big cold, and other than yesterday we've pretty much avoided the glop events. Winter is long here and it's nice to have one that feels a little shorter. Hopefully we can start warming it up a bit in March.

Yeah I'm over it too. If winter could be one biggie and 55F and dry the rest of the time I'd be ecstatic. 30F and dry with 1-3'' every 5 days is getting old fast. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, George001 said:

I did, I looked at the upper levels on the models instead of just using surface temps and they seem to support my idea of higher ratio snow like the Superbowl Sunday storm. 

Here's the problem...the initial WAA pushes the DGZ pretty high up in the troposphere...around 500mb. So most of the lift in S SNE is below the DGZ.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

I mean cmon guys, I can’t speak for everyone but MBY pack survived the warm up with a solid 6” of glacier left. We have a nice refresher coming, advisory north(or more) and most likely low end warning criteria south and a nice long duration, which I view as a positive for winter vibes. This event keeps the deep winter feel going. SNAP OUT OF IT WEENIES. LFG!

Winter has been better down there.

Agreed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Winter has been better down there.

Agreed.

Yeah. I really did think you would have a great season up there relative to average. LBSW was and is a persistent theme this winter and a detriment to your area. That does suck, I feel for some of the posters who have gotten a serious cosmic dildo thus far.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Anyways, hope this comes together more. It's one of those things where you know winter is ending, so you hope for a fun event. These small deals at the end of the season are like poking needles into your body after a long season. I do get Ray on that. 

I'll take cold and snow threats til March 31, then ideally we could jump into 70s in April...but we know how that works around here. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Anyways, hope this comes together more. It's one of those things where you know winter is ending, so you hope for a fun event. These small deals at the end of the season are like poking needles into your body after a long season. I do get Ray on that. 

Thsts fine, but please don’t post about you not caring , whining etc. Nobody cares about your emotions . Let those of us that want snow discuss the storm 

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean, even if I were getting what the s coast is, then I'd be fine with it....but 3"+ over 48 hours? 'Cmon lol

Just now, JC-CT said:

the NAVGEM doesn't show anything remotely close to a blizzard

I’m not expecting a blizzard, more sustained mod snow for 30 hours or so. However the latest run of the navy was more south though so I have to admit that is a red flag. I’m still waiting to see if it was just an off run or a trend before I get too concerned though, that is a fair point though about the navy not looking great. As a forecaster I want to try to be more accurate and avoid those crazy 3-4 feet snow calls that amount to nothing, so even if the models aren’t showing what I want to see I’m not just going to discount them. Blending the navy euro and Canadian still looks good for my idea of a 16-20 jackpot with most areas getting 12-15 when taking ratios into account so I’m going to stick with it, but I would like to see the navy come back north next run.

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

At the end of the season?!  It’s Feb 17th not Napril.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3