Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It wasn't the case last year because we had one winter storm all season.

Mm, last year raged on in a pan-systemic speed issue that was yet more pronounced than this year...  We have them this year, too, but we've had a few intervals where that relaxed markedly.  That was not the case last year pretty much at any point after the Dec event.

The more I think back the frustration's coming back to my memory, and I remember last year as being too fast/speed contaminated in the hemisphere, in fact...the fastest I personally recalled since this velocity saturation shit began 10 or so years ago... And a lot of systems were merely just not given a chance to formulate critical cyclone scaffolding ( cross-sectional jets/ restorative flows mechanics...etc...).  Lot of unorganized masses of evaporating failures smeared thru cyclone transit routes... 

In other words, unknowable because unexposed by virtue of not given the chance.  

Kind of like diseases that effect older people?  200 years ago... some of these were not known - Christ it predates genetic science too... People lived to the ripe old age of death before Alzheimer's had a chance to kick in (example).  Nature's like that - it buries it's right pump bums behind immediate layers. haha ...true though in some sense

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Spoiled rotten....once you grab a couple double digit storms in a season, advisory or even low end warning is meh, esp if it all doesn’t fall in 4-5 hours. I get it, big rates are fun, but they just don’t always happen with the frequency we desire. The alternative is partly cloudy, 37F and breezy with warm bum-bums in the car if you park it in the sun while the pack sublimates. No thanks. I’ll happily take an advisory refresher. 

Funny part is if this event was on the docket last February, it would be a totally different vibe...we couldn’t buy a 3” storm last winter after December until spring time. :lol:

Not spoiled at all.  And I haven't had a 10" storm this year and my last one was 3 years ago.

Its nuts how a season will just grab a hold of a storm pattern like a pit bull and just never let go....that LBSW element to each storm. Porked in my area, and prokier to my NE, up in ME.

Last two el nino's act like a la nina, and nail NNE...now la nina acts like an el nino and nails s of pike. Gonna need ENSO neutral here, I guess.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Spoiled rotten....once you grab a couple double digit storms in a season, advisory or even low end warning is meh, esp if it all doesn’t fall in 4-5 hours. I get it, big rates are fun, but they just don’t always happen with the frequency we desire. The alternative is partly cloudy, 37F and breezy with warm bum-bums in the car if you park it in the sun while the pack sublimates. No thanks. I’ll happily take an advisory refresher. 

Funny part is if this event was on the docket last February, it would be a totally different vibe...we couldn’t buy a 3” storm last winter after December until spring time. :lol:

Ha. Yea. I just want to keep the winter vibe going, that’s all. Yes, squeezing every bit of dynamics from each shortwave is ideal but impossible...so I’ll take what we can get and enjoy it. Pack still strong after yesterday’s melt too, frozen overnight. 

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its nuts how a season will just grab a hold of a storm pattern like a pit bull and just never let go....that LBSW element to each storm. Porked in my area, and prokier to my NE, up in ME.

Last two el nino's act like a la nina, and nail NNE...now la nina acts like an el nino and nails s of pike. Gonna need ENSO neutral here, I guess.

I feel like just about every winter is like that. They typically have a personality and it’s typically nasty lol

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was really surprised at Scooters behavior this morning . Goes directly against everything he hates . Dudes in line for a double digit snowfall. You absolutely hate to see this behavior 

1 minute ago, SnowEMass said:

I feel like just about every winter is like that. They typically have a personality and it’s typically nasty lol

I feel like its because of the RNA that has been so prevalent this season...its causing the mean trough to amplify and dump the energy west, so that its attenuating on approach to NE.

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I was really surprised at Scooters behavior this morning . Goes directly against everything he hates . Dudes in line for a double digit snowfall. You absolutely hate to see this behavior 

Not sure why you insist on double digit snowfall. I don’t totally hate the upside of this storm but a lot would need to go right to pull 10-12. It hasn’t trended that way so far. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When places as far north as Dendy and Mark have 6-8”+, the post bumps to the debbies are gonna be epic 

actually I would really like 4+ because the ice here was a disaster, created 6" of gloppy snowpack which is now frozen solid, hard to walk on, and to drive on.  A few inches of snow on top would really help.  That ice storm was as bad as I've seen here since 2008.  I think Brian was getting sleet but I was all freezing rain.  I'll post some pics in the other thread.  thick ice everywhere.