Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I will take the over

I expect the CT death band to set up nicely over YBY for a spell while we moderate snow at .5"/hr after virga early on.  But anyway, advy events aren't bad.  We'll take it. Would have preferred the true SWFE event thump to mix though if we were trying to verify warning criteria.

19 minutes ago, radarman said:

3 or 4 seems like a decent call right now

In my opinion we will see around quadruple those numbers, euro isn’t by any means bad (it has 6-8 inches using kuchera which I think is underdone looking at the dynamics and temps), Canadian is extremely close to blizzard conditions in eastern mass, and the navy has over 30 hours of snow.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, radarman said:

I expect the CT death band to set up nicely over YBY for a spell while we moderate snow at .5"/hr after virga early on.  But anyway, advy events aren't bad.  We'll take it. Would have preferred the true SWFE event thump to mix though if we were trying to verify warning criteria.

Wagons north on thumpy 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’ll be snow to sleet with this in 48hrs.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Or smoking cirrus.

There’s a solid chance imho that NNE gets in on good snows in this even if they aren’t the jackpot. This has the look of models not pushing the forcing far enough north. 

58 minutes ago, George001 said:

In my opinion we will see around quadruple those numbers, euro isn’t by any means bad (it has 6-8 inches using kuchera which I think is underdone looking at the dynamics and temps), Canadian is extremely close to blizzard conditions in eastern mass, and the navy has over 30 hours of snow.

Are you related to the great James of Harwich, MA, USA, Earth, Milky Way?

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Would that get mixing issues deep into SNE?

Maybe. But not necessarily. It could be that SNE sees a stronger thump but NNE is getting some 500-600mb goodies...I remember this happening in the 12/19/08 storm. 

Either way it would remain frozen/freezing given the surface high.