• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

On 2/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

Vermont and NH are above normal too. It's really just Buffalo/Roc/SYR and eastern Maine. I think Northern Michigan is well below normal too?@josh_4184

Yea my specific area is about 50-60" below for the year,  NWS APX is showing: way below for Gaylord Proper, basically any snowbelts that normally rely on NW or WNW flow. This year ha been very odd in all my years I have seen such rare wind flows from the WSW, SW, or even ENE be the primarily direction. In the average year the most common winds are primarily out of the NW or WNW which is how my area gets hit but obviously there are exceptions and this year is certainly one of them. Even the UP is in similar situation with the possible exception of the Keweenaw. I cant ever remember a time where Chicago has had a deeper snowpack than my area, in average winters I normally see at least once a winter a 40" snowpack I think this year the deepest I got was to about 18".

Not sure about the WNY belt members but I have been ready for spring since about Jan 1st. :rolleyes:

APX.JPG

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, josh_4184 said:

Yea my specific area is about 50-60" below for the year,  NWS APX is showing: way below for Gaylord Proper, basically any snowbelts that normally rely on NW or WNW flow. This year ha been very odd in all my years I have seen such rare wind flows from the WSW, SW, or even ENE be the primarily direction. In the average year the most common winds are primarily out of the NW or WNW which is how my area gets hit but obviously there are exceptions and this year is certainly one of them. Even the UP is in similar situation with the possible exception of the Keweenaw. I cant ever remember a time where Chicago has had a deeper snowpack than my area, in average winters I normally see at least once a winter a 40" snowpack I think this year the deepest I got was to about 18".

Not sure about the WNY belt members but I have been ready for spring since about Jan 1st. :rolleyes:

APX.JPG

Yeah everyone here is well below normal for snowfall too. Not a great year for LES areas despite a few good events here. I'm ready for spring as well, got my winter fill. Thanks for the data!