• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Yeah, IdK about it being similar to that event, unless ur talking about your area, as I picked up c;lose to 14", but if it ever gets its act together and stays over one location then it would perhaps, lol!

I got 13.2 inches from that. I went to bed around midnight with a couple of inches down. My wife took our dog out about 7 AM and came back and told me there was a foot. She can exaggerate so I didn’t believe it until I got up to see it with my own eyes. What I’m getting at is there must have been some insane rates during the night. Maybe we can pull it off again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

The forecast for this lake effect event was for 3-6 inches. I’m at the lower end of that already with at least a,couple more inches to go. So it might not be an overachiever but the forecast will solidly verify here. 

Yeah we're done here. Intermittent snow. I havent measured but prob just about 2" here.  

Just now, CNY_WX said:

As soon as I made that last post the snow picked up in intensity again. It doesn’t look pretty on radar but it’s producing. 

The inversion height is pretty low with this, only up to 800mb, based on the sounding I looked at...so some low topped stuff could be sneaking under the radar beam. Can still produce.  Forecasts look reasonable in aggregate. We may squeak out the 3-4" forecast here, north of Rt 31. 

• Like 3

Farther North and West on several of the 06Z runs. You can just see that desire the low has to move north and then the classic "bend" we have become accustomed to this season.

Let's see if we can get it to work in our favor this time. What you see in the 06Z runs may be our best option... because if a low remains west of the Apps, it's "Ships A'hoy!" to a Great Lake.

Safe bet for Friday: 3 to 6 inches for many of us.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Farther North and West on several of the 06Z runs. You can just see that desire the low has to move north and then the classic "bend" we have become accustomed to this season.

Let's see if we can get it to work in our favor this time. What you see in the 06Z runs may be our best option... because if a low remains west of the Apps, it's "Ships A'hoy!" to a Great Lake.

Safe bet for Friday: 3 to 6 inches for many of us.

Yep. 3KM in one run. 

A33BA202-8E43-4706-B53D-E16B08953BDB.gif

• Like 1

Whopping 1.3" on 0.06" Liquid equiv.

So we are 3 for 3 in terms of busts so far in this "week to remember'. I'm including last weekends appetizer that slowly fizzled to flurries in this count.   

Two more "events" to go this week including the WNW flow possible this weekend after the synoptic storm goes by.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Whopping 1.3" on 0.06" Liquid equiv.

So we are 3 for 3 in terms of busts so far in this "week to remember'. I'm including last weekends appetizer that slowly fizzled to flurries in this count.   

Two more "events" to go this week including the WNW flow possible this weekend after the synoptic storm goes by.  

Hmm, you must have gotten screwed as it transitioned. It poured snow here for a couple hours. Ended up with 3 to 4 inches.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Does anyone know what’s going on with the King City radar on the Canadian side?  There has to be more activity coming off Georgian Bay than it’s showing. It’s been that way for a while. 

Canada has started a full country wide weather radar upgrade. The Exeter (London) radar was fully upgraded already. Kings radar upgrade was started March 2020 and expected to be completed June 2021 and Britt (Northern Muskoka like Hunstville, Parry Sound, Northern Georgian Bay) is expected to start spring 2021 and finish late fall 2021

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/weather-general-tools-resources/radar-overview/modernizing-network.html#wb-auto-4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

199FC6AD-ECB1-49C2-892E-B76A7D01C283.thumb.jpeg.2c3b2ea97ed231ec2a2d08841803ed23.jpeg

It’s a beautiful morning. I ended up with 5.1 inches of lake effect fluff on 0.14 inch of liquid. Skies cleared after the lake effect moved out and temperatures plummeted. It was -1 at 8 this morning. That’s over 8 inches of snow over the last 2 days.  Once again the lake bailed me out after getting let down by the synoptic system. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

199FC6AD-ECB1-49C2-892E-B76A7D01C283.thumb.jpeg.2c3b2ea97ed231ec2a2d08841803ed23.jpeg

It’s a beautiful morning. I ended up with 5.1 inches of lake effect fluff on 0.14 inch of liquid. Skies cleared after the lake effect moved out and temperatures plummeted. It was -1 at 8 this morning. That’s over 8 inches of snow over the last 2 days.  Once again the lake bailed me out after getting let down by the synoptic system. 

Damn. Looks like Matt passed the Jonah off onto me this time. ;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hmm, you must have gotten screwed as it transitioned. It poured snow here for a couple hours. Ended up with 3 to 4 inches.

Good for you Matt :thumbsup: I too ended up with close to 6" for the event if ya wanna call it that! Yeah, a WWA definitely wasn't warranted in Onondaga cty and I guess they finally realized that cause they pulled them waaaayyyy ahead of the scheduled 10AM expire time, lol! Perhaps they thought no on would notice!

• Haha 1