• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

30 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Niagara getting some nice enhancement too. Northern Niagara will exceed a foot with next band moving through. Someone in WNY actually did get a foot from this. 

WUNIDS_map?num=6&type=N0R&mapx=400&mapy=

When I left home at 2am I had 5-6” and it was still snowing decently but tiny flakes. Judging by my cameras I’d say 7” is a good call.
 I’ve heard nothing from friends I know towards lyndonville about 18+.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Could just be me being a Debbie after getting burned with this event but I’m not feeling the next one at all. Seems like a SE NY/ SNE special. 

I think this will be a classic whipsaw for weenie world.  I see it in stock trading all the time. Now that we are all burned we will discount the next storm and it will overachieve.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

This winter is back down to a C in my book. Getting burned on this storm and this next one falling apart makes me have to bring it back down to a C. Yeah the sustained cold and some snow has been great but we just can’t get a solid synoptic event to save our lives. Everything is nickel and dime. 

I forget what I graded last winter as (here near SYR) but given 88" of total snow and an avg of 125", and the usual mid Dec to mid Jan snoozefest, it couldn-t have rated better than a C-.  This one isn't even up to that level yet....its a D in my book so far, and that's a big improvement from the solid F as of mid January.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Ok, since the subject of driveway clearing types came up...here is mine, freshly snowblowed.  No help from my Supervisor either.   Losing ground out near the mailbox but it's a glacier there....

And its snowing again. Real flakes.  How odd.

Screenshot_20210216-111344_Gallery.jpg

Beautiful dog. But your snowblowing lines on your driveway aren't straight enough...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Beautiful dog. But your snowblowing lines on your driveway aren't straight enough...

They are on one side! The mailbox side looking ragged though. I was trying to cut it back this a.m. but its icy.  It did have an aesthetically pleasing curve to it prior.  It is kind of bothering me. ;)

• Haha 3

Just now, Syrmax said:

I hesitate to mention this but our PnC for No. Onondaga cty has 3" tonight. Right across the river in Phoenix (KBUF), it is 4-8".  Most interesting.

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

They are on one side! The mailbox side looking ragged though. I was trying to cut it back this a.m. but its icy.  It did have an aesthetically pleasing curve to it prior.  It is kind of bothering me. ;)

Well, hopefully we get some WNW snows and you won't have to look at those crooked lines...and you can try again tomorrow am. :P 

Not sure about that lake effect for tonight. The WNW flow snows have failed to materialize after (I think?) every "system" we've had this season.

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Afterwards, get the insulation fixed! Losing too much heat from your beautiful new home!

Dude that looks like a nasty ice damn right in the valley of the roof. Not good, when things thaw a bit that’s gonna lead to some water leakage for sure. No doubt there’s some serious heat loss. 

• Like 1

I dunno, that ice damn looks pretty typical after nearly 30 days of holding snow and below freezing temps.  As long as the water isnt backing up you will be fine.  I have been studying and fighting ice dams for many years.  It's only a concern if there is vent or something close to that area where it can penetrate in, otherwise the ice and water shield should do its job. 

Houses lose heat no matter how good the insulation is.  It is what it is.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I'm intrigued to learn of what you're using as a mailbox. lol

The post office lol They just hold the mail..The previous owner was seasonal and they used a PO box..I bought a mailbox off Amazon, just waiting to install it lol

I can probably just stick the post in the snow for a little and be good lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Yikes. I guess I brought up a sore subject. I thought you guys usually do well up there. 

Not sure what's going on...it's been a rough couple winters around these parts compared to average.

You guys have been having a great winter down there! It's about time! I lived in DuBois for several years and their winters have definitely tamed as well.