Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

6 minutes ago, tim123 said:

I see our next storm is south of NYC that means it will go over buffalo

Yeah as of now that storm doesn’t look like a big deal for WNY at all. 3-6” maybe. Hopefully it’ll shift north some as we get closer but with our luck it will go against the seasonal north trend move further south and we’ll gets flurries. Went from a week to remember to one I can’t wait to forget. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Yeah as of now that storm doesn’t look like a big deal for WNY at all. 3-6” maybe. Hopefully it’ll shift north some as we get closer but with our luck it will go against the seasonal north trend move further south and we’ll gets flurries. Went from a week to remember to one I can’t wait to forget. 

Can't wait to forget ? 

Having these busts are normal where I live on the coast.  I have seen sleet with every storm so far this season.

I'm up to 32 inches for the year ( average 27)

Sleet isn't the end of the world for all of you since you average 80+.

I'm not even gonna comment on this effin event cause its like beating a dead horse and I'm sick and tired of it!  I got close to 5" of whatever you wanna call it, its like concrete now and try and shovel it, yeah right!!

This is an absolute joke, seriously!

700mb.gif?1613480796522

l closed off H700 SLP to our N&W, where have I seen this before, lol, Oh yeah, with almost every freaking event this season, or so it seems, WTF, just unreal I tell ya!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I do have to say there is quite a bit of snow on the ground right now and this is the best I’ve witnessed in some time, especially for how long this stretch has lasted. I measured 13.5” OTG and we still might add to that Thursday into Friday 

The snowpack is fairly impressive even if no individual storm has been.

This was somehow even more disappointing than the most pessimistic projections.

So far, after anticipating 16-24 inches over a week of 2-3 storms, we have an appetizer that turned out to be nothing, now a main course that was sloppy and overdone, we'll have to hope the dessert on Thursday overperforms. Instead of 16-24", we're looking like maybe 6-9" combined.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4.5" of cement on 0.76" melted equivalent.  The models got the total qpf about right (for here) as I was seeing a spread of about 0.65-0.90" liquid in the various blizzards of model outputs over the past days.  Hard to get too enthused about the late week storm given the shambolic episode we just went through. 

Hopefully we can bag a couple/few inches of fake snow tonight before the real fakery at end of week. ;)

• Like 1

Up to 63.3" for the season. Only 2 feet MOAR needed to reach last season's paltry total.  We will probably get there but it'll be like pulling teeth and may  need to go into Extra Time. I had thoughts we would get there this week but clearly that was just weeniethought.

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Anyone who asks for cuchara maps for this next event is just a simple glutton for punishment, lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What about Kuchera?

I’m assuming you’re referring to the lesser known and used Mexican equivalent.  La Cu Cuchara or “Cuchara” for short. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Anyone who asks for Kuchara maps for this next event is just a simple glutton for punishment, lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That had nothing to do with it lol

All those weenie maps were when the storm was cold lol

Once the models started pushing the warmth north Kuchera was less than 10-1 at times..

The track changes Kuchera changes lol

Not to mention we didn't get the amount of precip most guidance had..

• Like 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

That had nothing to do with it lol

All those weenie maps were when the storm was cold lol

Once the models starting push the warmth north Kuchera was less than 10-1 at times..

The track changes Kuchera changes lol

Not to mention we didn't get the amount of precip most guidance had..

Not true here. Kuchie still had 13-15” here off of .8-1.0” LE. I had .92” LE and only 6.6” of snow. Less than half of the Kuchie totals...

• Like 1