• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

2 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Say what you want about the NAM but inside of 48 hours it's as reliable as any other model and perhaps more than moreso than most especially when it comes to sniffing out warm nose layers and NW shifts.

Nam doesn't bother me but the GFS does, even moreso now, that it may in fact score a coup with this event!

• Like 1

Most of BGMs accumulation forecast and warning/advisory map now has about 0 support with 99% precincts reporting. Theyll be overhauling it with the afternoon update.

I'm guessing they leave a WSW in place from Yates to Oneida for now on the chance that northwestern sections of those counties still hit the low end 6-8" mark for WSW criteria, but everyone else S and E of that is knocked down to a WWA for sure and 1-6" tops.

Down in Tennessee, where it was supposed to be snow, they are getting a sleet storm instead. Upstream story of what's to come?

I had to laugh because I was watching their live reporter, the meteorologist standing there reporting...she says, "Of all my years as a met, I have never seen this much sleet." (Sticks her hand down into about a half inch of sleet.) "We have about 3 inches of sleet on the sidewalk here that I'm standing on." (Meanwhile, the several inches of GRASS behind her waves to the camera...)

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Everyone is still getting 20". The eastern folk are getting it from the lake.

Ya, though I'm more concerned with the dry slot now and I live 50 miles west of Buffalo haha. 

I still think 

Buffalo 14.4" 

Niagara (northern)  17.8"

Rochester 13.3"

Hamilton-14.1" 

Toronto (YYZ) 10.2" 

my guess is Northern Niagara County and Northern Niagara Region in Ontario are the jackpot for this storm. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Ya, though I'm more concerned with the dry slot now and I live 50 miles west of Buffalo haha. 

I still think 

Buffalo 14.4" 

Niagara (northern)  17.8"

Rochester 13.3"

Hamilton-14.1" 

Toronto (YYZ) 10.2" 

my guess is Northern Niagara County and Northern Niagara Region in Ontario are the jackpot for this storm. 

You mean centimeters, right?

:P 

• Haha 2

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

You mean centimeters, right?

:P 

haha trying to bring some positivity. I still think far WNY has a good chance to go above double digits. But Ill admit the dry slot for far WNY and Niagara Region here is starting to creep into my mind. I got owned from GHD storm and that has left a pessimism scar haha 

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

BGM'S low-end amount map will be the closest to verifying.

Minimum Potential Snow Accumulation

Funny how they always assign it a 1/10 chance of happening. That map really should have become the "expected" map after 12z runs yesterday. Behind the curve again. I feel even more confident in my forecast now after today's 12z runs.

• Like 1