• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

33 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hmm...this really surprises me...especially with Madison and Cortland county included. They must not be buying the GFS.

National Weather Service Binghamton NY
1121 AM EST Mon Feb 15 2021

NYZ009-015>018-022-023-025-036-037-044-161630-
/O.CON.KBGM.WS.W.0005.000000T0000Z-210216T2100Z/
Northern Oneida-Yates-Seneca-Southern Cayuga-Onondaga-Steuben-
Schuyler-Tompkins-Madison-Southern Oneida-Cortland-
Including the cities of Boonville, Penn Yan, Seneca Falls,
Auburn, Syracuse, Corning, Hornell, Watkins Glen, Ithaca,
Hamilton, Oneida, Rome, Utica, and Cortland
1121 AM EST Mon Feb 15 2021

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST
TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow. Total snow accumulations of 7 to 12 inches.

* WHERE...Northern Oneida, Cortland, Tompkins, Schuyler,
  Steuben, Onondaga, Madison, Southern Oneida, Yates, Seneca 

Except its not just the GFS, it's pretty much every model. They'll end up downgrading atleast Schuyler, Tompkins, and Cortland to WWA before this storm is over. Far northwestern corners of those counties might get 4-6", but I don't see any portions of them hitting the 7" criteria for WSW. And I don't think they get enough freezing rain to justify a "high impact" reasoning for a WSW either.

Steuben County might get 7-8" in northwest corner of county but don't see the WSW verifying there either as majority of the county and it's population will get far less.

33 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

I love that this is only 84 hours away but we have a snowstorm before it to get through!

prateptype.us_ne.png

Yeah, this is a great time for us snow dorks.  I think the mix line will end up something near what the Canadian and Euro have been showing. And if some sleet mixes in IMBY, so what?  I get 8" vs 10.  The BGM to ALB corridor looks to be the screw zone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Yeah, this is a great time for us snow dorks.  I think the mix line will end up something near what the Canadian and Euro have been showing. And if some sleet mixes in IMBY, so what?  I get 8" vs 10.  The BGM to ALB corridor looks to be the screw zone.

The map he posted is for the Friday event. Unless you were just making a side note about today?

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

You make up for it after storm 2 with LES/ Almost everyone here is getting 20"+

image.thumb.png.abbd6a2711dd82ca80cfb99db119945b.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

You make up for it after storm 2 with LES/ Almost everyone here is getting 20"+

image.thumb.png.abbd6a2711dd82ca80cfb99db119945b.png

Could be. I tend to discount LES, mostly bc it ends up just north of me,  but these are the setups where my area can pile on with post storm lake snow.  VD2 was a prime example.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I love your attitude. Most days a 6 inch snowstorm would be great! I let myself get trapped by the idea that if imby isn’t the sweet spot I lose. I’m gonna try and just enjoy the roll out. It’s an enormous storm and we are lucky to be on the (mostly) cold side! Let’s go! Good luck everyone! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Amazing with all the cold days we have had, that the February sun is making it difficult for the snow to lay on anything that didn't already have snow.

I was going to mention that this seems like a spring snow even though the temperature is only 29. There’s no accumulation on my driveway and just a slushy accumulation on my deck. The midday mid-February sun is doing its job through the clouds. I’m kinda glad that this storm is happening overnight. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

I love your attitude. Most days a 6 inch snowstorm would be great! I let myself get trapped by the idea that if imby isn’t the sweet spot I lose. I’m gonna try and just enjoy the roll out. It’s an enormous storm and we are lucky to be on the (mostly) cold side! Let’s go! Good luck everyone! 

Does this include Matt...asking for a friend...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Amazing with all the cold days we have had, that the February sun is making it difficult for the snow to lay on anything that didn't already have snow.

2 minutes ago, CNYWeather said:

They've backed way off here as far as accumulations. guess we'll see how this pans out in the morning.

snowfall2.jpg

lol, whats the purple/burgundy color?

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Sorry, guys. As much as I wanted to NOT be right..this winter has just been a wreck. There's no point in looking at any of the models, other than to say a system will be hundreds of miles north and west than what you think this year.

Don't start patting yourself on the back just yet my friend as lots can still and probably will happen, its the Weather! And its nowhere near100 or hundreds of miles, lol, but I understand ur frustration, trust!