Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,131
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SCseminole
    Newest Member
    SCseminole
    Joined

Feb 17-19th Potential Of Potential


Chicago Storm
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Frog Town said:

I don't know if I'm missing something, but accuweather seems to be thinking this next system is gonna be pretty substantial for a lot of us.  I even checked to see if I was looking at an outdated map.  

Saw the same thing. That forecast needs to be updated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Well glad this 1st system was good because this sure turned into a real dud. Would have been nice to have back to back snowstorms but oh well. Looks like the thaw commences this weekend. 

It would be funny if it shifted back nw like the last system did though. I'll honestly be fine with a few inches of snow to add on before the pattern breaks

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Well glad this 1st system was good because this sure turned into a real dud. Would have been nice to have back to back snowstorms but oh well. Looks like the thaw commences this weekend. 

back to backs rarely work out. Probably going to ride the fence more often than not from here on out. With a small break in the action maybe the weekend event can gain some traction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to imagine what it would've been like around here had some of the earlier model runs worked out, specifically the GFS.  Depths would have been absolute insanity.  Anyway, not looking for much out of this here.  NAM remains most bullish.  Perhaps we could pull an inch or two but not real confident overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow.  People get really raw over missing a snowstorm here. :(  It's worse than pro-sports.  Like people are literally freezing to death in their homes in Texas because of corporate corner-cutting and greed.  So much corruption and incompetence and gross injustice everywhere... so much to be angry about...  but we're angry about missing a big snowstorm.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, McHenrySnow said:

Pretty good. Plus, I'm sure you'll cash in over the next month. 

Yeah I’m not worried about it. We are only about 2” ahead of norm to date. Our time will come again, and the deep prolonged cold was enjoyable.
 

I was just trying to remind you that we all can’t cash in all the time and although it’s frustrating watching big dog totals come in a county away I’m sure within the next 5 years you’ll see a foot in early December and Alec will have cold rain and dust at the end. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Yeah I’m not worried about it. We are only about 2” ahead of norm to date. Our time will come again, and the deep prolonged cold was enjoyable.
 

I was just trying to remind you that we all can’t cash in all the time and although it’s frustrating watching big dog totals come in a county away I’m sure within the next 5 years you’ll see a foot in early December and Alec will have cold rain and dust at the end. 

From your lips. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

It's kinda funny, not picking on anyone, but there's always been a sense of competition on this site.

It's as though there's a skill set involved with ending up with the most snow.  :lol:

 

I'm telling ya.. we need to develop a sports bet app for weather where we can all bet the over/under on the models and compete :). Or bet one model over another.  Guarantee the models would get real accurate real soon.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

It's kinda funny, not picking on anyone, but there's always been a sense of competition on this site.

It's as though there's a skill set involved with ending up with the most snow.  :lol:

 

We know it isn't Ohio at the end of the year though :lmao:

  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

It's kinda funny, not picking on anyone, but there's always been a sense of competition on this site.

It's as though there's a skill set involved with ending up with the most snow.  :lol:

 

To win you just move to Paradise Ranger Station, WA and gloat.  Or just be a Yooper in this sub.   Or are we talking individual storm totals?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...