Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 17-19th Potential Of Potential

Chicago Storm

8 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Indy has never had more than a 20 inch snow depth

Could get into rarefied air depending on how this plays out.  The only time Indianapolis had a snow depth of 17"+ was in the last week of January 1978, when it peaked right at 20" on Jan 27-28, 1978.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Could get into rarefied air depending on how this plays out.  The only time Indianapolis had a snow depth of 17"+ was in the last week of January 1978, when it peaked right at 20" on Jan 27-28, 1978.

@StormfanaticInd and @Hoosier

Would never have guessed that, in fact-- struggling to process the fact that it's only been ""once:".

Honestly, I think I would like to see where the official measurement location is....has to be limited by wind.

Then again -- the back to back in a four day period is exceptionally rare.... This past week it has been interesting how much accumulation can sublimate.

9 hours ago, Hoosier said:

And I was living in Indpls at that time attending seminary.  Apartment where I lived lost power for two days.  I feel fortunate enough to have experienced that storm and Chicago's Jan. 26-27 1967 historic snowstorm as well while living in Hobart Indiana.

26 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Globals still wanting to keep this east. Gfs way east and gem more east than it was before. Will nam sniff out another nw trend or will this one be truly east this time? That's the million dollar question. 

Euro also continues to be east. Ukie maybe less so than it has been? Hard not to assume, at this point, the NAM is wrong, but I'll going to try and keep hope alive at least until this storm gets out of the way. 

1 hour ago, McHenrySnow said:

Euro also continues to be east. Ukie maybe less so than it has been? Hard not to assume, at this point, the NAM is wrong, but I'll going to try and keep hope alive at least until this storm gets out of the way. 

I mean NAM nailed this storm being much more west so it's possible. But would like to see more support from other models.

Wow!  This died quick.  I've heard from some pretty reputable METS mention this will likely correct back west.  Of course probably a lot frustrated posters with how this last one turned out for some.  Maybe Eastern Ohio can finally get it's storm.  Irony would have it turn left at the last minute and flip flop the emotions of the eastern seaboard and Eastern Ohio.