• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS and nowcast 9 AM today - Noon Valentines Day Feb 13-14, 2021

wdrag

All: the 18z modeling varies.  If the HRRR/GFSV16 works out, all will end the talk of bust for a light event. Both will be better than the 18z NAM/GFS/RGEM. 

Right now freezing-frozen precip reaching the ground ne PA near Hazleton (elevated)  and also near I80 NW NJ (515pm ish).  Let's give this a little time before completely throwing in the towel. No matter, it doesn't look like much but enough to be a hazard for the untreated pavement unsuspecting travelers. 

2 minutes ago, wdrag said:

All: the 18z modeling varies.  If the HRRR/GFSV16 works out, all will end the talk of bust for a light event. Both will be better than the 18z NAM/GFS/RGEM. 

Right now freezing-frozen precip reaching the ground ne PA near Hazleton (elevated)  and also near I80 NW NJ (515pm ish).  Let's give this a little time before completely throwing in the towel. No matter, it doesn't look like much but enough to be a hazard for the untreated pavement unsuspecting travelers. 

This definitely could be a hazard. I think the light events - esp freezing drizzle - that most people dismiss are sometimes the most dangerous because unprepared travelers can get caught out. But most of us don't care about hazards. We want snow in our backyards.

4 minutes ago, eduggs said:

This definitely could be a hazard. I think the light events - esp freezing drizzle - that most people dismiss are sometimes the most dangerous because unprepared travelers can get caught out. But most of us don't care about hazards. We want snow in our backyards.

Thanks. Understand completely.  Also nighttime, easier to accrete.,  

Right now, not for tonight, but there is a 50% statistical chance of 1/2 glaze by Tuesday evening near Dover NJ.  Snow lovers will be interested if this occurs, especially branches and power.  Adding that, to the 16th now. 

3 hours ago, sussexcountyobs said:

20.1/5.7  Snoozefest incoming. 

There was no need for a Winter Weather Advisory for the Upton NJ counties today - down here near Eastern Union County got exactly nothing so far and radar doesn't look promising .. going to be a rough week coming up for forecasters and some busts IMO in this messed up setup........

• Like 1

Just now, NEG NAO said:

There was no need for a Winter Weather Advisory for the Upton NJ counties today - down here near Eastern Union County got exactly nothing so far and radar doesn't look promising .. going to be a rough week coming up for forecasters and some busts IMO in this messed up setup........

True but if it means we dodge serious ice storms, I don’t think anyone will mind.

21 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

and right after I posted this the precip is developing rapidly southwest of here - lets see what happens with this batch....

• Rjay unpinned this topic