Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19 long duration manageable snow and ice event

wdrag

6 hours ago, Rjay said:

Classless move by Lee.  This is a tough forecast.  I'm glad no one on here calls out the NWS.  If I see a weenie do that, it won't be pretty.  

Yeah I mean this is the same guy who said our latest snow was in late May, which was actually hail.  This storm (and this entire week) has been a tough forecast.

6 hours ago, jm1220 said:

And Boston NWS went with advisories too, no complaints about them? 

It's interesting how  this storm is viewed differently by different mets.  Mr G, who is ancient, but the only one remaining from the old era of mets we grew up with on TV, said this is basically a two wave snowfall, with the first wave delivering 1-3 on Thursday and the second wave delivering 1-3 on Friday and thats the reason it's a WWA.  

3 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

It's interesting how  this storm is viewed differently by different mets.  Mr G, who is ancient, but the only one remaining from the old era of mets we grew up with on TV, said this is basically a two wave snowfall, with the first wave delivering 1-3 on Thursday and the second wave delivering 1-3 on Friday and thats the reason it's a WWA.  

If ancient means longevity then yes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Hence why I was concerned about the strung out mess possibility ruining the whole system. Lousy WAA shunted east event and coastal system getting going too late. Honestly I have no clue what to expect tomorrow or Fri. Good luck to the meteorologists paid to make these calls. “Straightforward” I guess not with these 0z models so far. 

that 1-3 on Thursday and 1-3 on Friday from two waves could turn out to be correct then?

7 minutes ago, sferic said:

If ancient means longevity then yes

I'll never forget how accurate he was in 93-94, with many of those 30 plus storms we had that season.

He would do a 10:45 update with new model data the night before the storm and talk about how the storm would be more icy/snowy than anyone else was predicting and changeovers would be delayed and turned out to be correct.

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I'll never forget how accurate he was in 93-94, with many of those 30 plus storms we had that season.

He would do a 10:45 update with new model data the night before the storm and talk about how the storm would be more icy/snowy than anyone else was predicting and changeovers would be delayed and turned out to be correct.

He originally got his fame by predicting way in advance with when the first measurable date snow would fall for the 1980-81 winter; he nailed the date a month in advance on WCBS TV2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

“wet not white”

”some snow or Some Snow?”

“Back to you Kaity...”

”Thanks G...”

• Haha 1