Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

This ones not even close to holding a candle to this years grinch storm.

The grinch storm had no CAD at all. It was literally southerly flow at the surface hundreds of miles into Quebec. It was ridiculous. Like maybe Jan ‘96 rivals or exceeds it in my own memory...not much else. 1/31/13 was pretty impressive too but prob not quite on par....12/17/00 as well. 

This is a dime a dozen CAD event we see in winter with a “cutter”. Primary dies in NY state.l with strong CAD sig over most of interior New England where the warmest temps occur when the cold front passes and briefly mixes out the warm layer. 

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This shows you the true level of psychological damage the 2020 grinch storm caused. Now even a CAD storm is going to wipe out a deep pack...somehow in a window of like 6-8 hours. :lol:

Well you know how it goes. If it isn’t catastrophic ice, it’s 60s to St Lawrence. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The grinch storm had no CAD at all. It was literally southerly flow at the surface hundreds of miles into Quebec. It was ridiculous. Like maybe Jan ‘96 rivals or exceeds it in my own memory...not much else. 1/31/13 was pretty impressive too but prob not quite on par....12/17/00 as well. 

This is a dime a dozen CAD event we see in winter with a “cutter”. Primary dies in NY state.l with strong CAD sig over most of interior New England where the warmest temps occur when the cold front passes and briefly mixes out the warm layer. 

I had it as the all time worse here, It was a top to bottom furnace to Canada, To bad too, We were off to a great start with a positive bust 9" event on 12/17 before then and it just went downhill from there, Maybe we can take some of the sting off the next 2 weeks.

Gettin' hit with that warm tongue, baby.

iu-8.jpeg.5aa50d22caa1da9f5395063d715be9c3.jpeg

I feel uptight on a Monday night
Nine o' clock, the phone's the only light
I see a clown map and it pulls me through
Comes on strong, tells me what I gotta do
I got to...

Get up!
Everybody's gonna turn to sleet
Get down!
Everybody's gonna get some heat

You gotta lose your mind in Tolland, CT

Get up!
Everybody's gonna turn to sleet
Get down!
Everybody's gonna get some heat

Getting late
I just can't wait
Ten o'clock and I know I gotta get out of SNE
First I shovel, then I scrape
Start up the car, and I try to make it to NNE

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Was just driving back from a job in Hebron back to Simsbury. Hit a patch of moderate ZR and could already feel icy patches on the road, especially Rt 85

I don’t doubt it, but DOT is out and a quick treatment will take care of it. 

• Like 1