Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pretty crazy to see some of the obs down there. Mod to hvy snow in AR with single digits. -30s all over the upper midwest. Meanwhile, we meh.

But but but we have such crazy weather in New England! Bitch please. Our weather is so boring compared to many other areas of the country. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The snowpack will be wiped out . Maybe to ORH as south winds roar 

What in the blue fook are you talking about? There is major CAD with this system even if it rains. You aren’t wiping out a double digit high-water content snowpack in central MA with ZR and then 34F rain. Even if it spiked to 45F for a few hours on FROPA that is basically meaningless. 

You’d have enough trouble wiping out that pack with a 12/25/20 redux. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

What in the blue fook are you talking about? There is major CAD with this system even if it rains. You aren’t wiping out a double digit high-water content snowpack in central MA with ZR and then 34F rain. Even if it spiked to 45F for a few hours on FROPA that is basically meaningless. 

Yep. Ying and Yang. If it’s not a crushing ice storm it’s 60 to CYUL.

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was joking about ORH obviously, but sw and Se of there we will lose it. Only way we stay below 50 is if that weak secondary forms. I just can’t believe how this vanished before our eyes in 12 hours. Icestorm to a mild rainstorm 

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

he's just trying to get you to comfort him...

32 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

reverse psychology. Plan for the worse then be happy when you find out you were wrong. I do it.

I understand shifts happen where a SNE snow storm becomes sleet or even rain but 24 hours ago NNE looked like a lock for a solid snow storm and now models are trying to push sleet all the way to Burlington VT.  Unreal.   I'm not buying the models showing the torch getting anywhere N of the MA Pike but we shall see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Shoot the 12z NAM from yesterday and the entire server that runs the UKMET, to the sun. 

RPM was cold too. I still think we take the under on sfc Ts outside 495, esp Central MA northward. Aside from the post precip mix out midday tomorrow.