• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

It is now looking likely that a coastal storm develops along the DelMarVa coast, while strong high pressure is located over northern New England and southeast Canada. Monday night will be very cold, with lows in the teens throughout the region and perhaps some single digits in northwest MA...and 20s Cape Cod and the Islands. Snow is forecast to develop and overspread the area from southwest to northeast during the pre-dawn hours Tuesday. Have used a blend of snow-to-liquid ratios on models to be close to the 10:1 level over the interior...much higher than the wet NBM. It is way too early to forecast snow amounts, but right now it would appear to be Advisory-level with an outside chance of a low-end warning-level. The GEFS ensemble mean would indicate 5 to 7 inches, which is fairly high this far out in time. The GFS puts southern New England in the right rear quadrant of a 125-knot jet across northern New England, which provides good lift. The Canadian tries to combine that northern jet with some a jet streak advancing from the southern Appalachians, but the dual jets do not completely link up. Depending on how close the surface low comes to Nantucket, snow could change to sleet and rain in southern RI and interior southeast MA for a time Tuesday afternoon. Precipitation comes to an end Tuesday night.

25 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It is now looking likely that a coastal storm develops along the DelMarVa coast, while strong high pressure is located over northern New England and southeast Canada. Monday night will be very cold, with lows in the teens throughout the region and perhaps some single digits in northwest MA...and 20s Cape Cod and the Islands. Snow is forecast to develop and overspread the area from southwest to northeast during the pre-dawn hours Tuesday. Have used a blend of snow-to-liquid ratios on models to be close to the 10:1 level over the interior...much higher than the wet NBM. It is way too early to forecast snow amounts, but right now it would appear to be Advisory-level with an outside chance of a low-end warning-level. The GEFS ensemble mean would indicate 5 to 7 inches, which is fairly high this far out in time. The GFS puts southern New England in the right rear quadrant of a 125-knot jet across northern New England, which provides good lift. The Canadian tries to combine that northern jet with some a jet streak advancing from the southern Appalachians, but the dual jets do not completely link up. Depending on how close the surface low comes to Nantucket, snow could change to sleet and rain in southern RI and interior southeast MA for a time Tuesday afternoon. Precipitation comes to an end Tuesday night.

James?

Nice summary. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

James?

Nice summary. 

Lol..nah I knew it wasn’t James...cuz there are no terms/phrases such as explosive deepening, or very intense laps rates, or the system will Explode over the Gulf Stream and hit the Cape and islands with the heaviest qpf.  And the very popular...the intense rates Will cool the column and change the rain to snow on the cape, with 12-16 inches very likely.  Those are dead give always for a James post.  There wasn’t any of that, so I knew it wasn’t James. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol..nah I knew it wasn’t James...cuz there are no terms/phrases such as explosive deepening, or very intense laps rates, or the system will Explode over the Gulf Stream and hit the Cape and islands with the heaviest qpf.  And the very popular...the intense rates Will cool the column and change the rain to snow on the cape, with 12-16 inches very likely.  Those are dead give always for a James post.  There wasn’t any of that, so I knew it wasn’t James. 

Very expensive gentlemen's club?

• Haha 4

The guidance is moving toward the GGEM scenario from a couple cycles ago when it was trying to phase the arctic shortwave with the southern stream. Back then the GGEM was on its own...not anymore. This helps keep the midlevels torched a bit so there is more risk now for mixing/ice than before...and the chances of big warning snows on the front end decrease. 

We could still go back to the thump look...GFS has it and Ukie maybe but I see a clear trend here. We’ll see if that continues at 12z or not. FWIW, 06z runs kind of trended back just a bit so far. We’ll see what Euro does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

The guidance is moving toward the GGEM scenario from a couple cycles ago when it was trying to phase the arctic shortwave with the southern stream. Back then the GGEM was on its own...not anymore. This helps keep the midlevels torched a bit so there is more risk now for mixing/ice than before...and the chances of big warning snows on the front end decrease. 

We could still go back to the thump look...GFS has it and Ukie maybe but I see a clear trend here. We’ll see if that continues at 12z or not. FWIW, 06z runs kind of trended back just a bit so far. We’ll see what Euro does. 

That was a little disappointing to see. If anything I was wondering if it would get more stretched out, but congrats NNE on that.

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Some area in SNE up into CNE is going to see one hell of an icestorm over the next 7-10 days 

It's so on the fence with the ice storm or snow. I pray to God that it's snow. I don't want the ice, that would just be horrendous for everyone and everything. There's so many chances of storm in this next week it's something I haven't seen in a long long time

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

It's so on the fence with the ice storm or snow. I pray to God that it's snow. I don't want the ice, that would just be horrendous for everyone and everything. There's so many chances of storm in this next week it's something I haven't seen in a long long time

Hopefully it’s ZR and not sleet 

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1