Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 15-16 Event

Ralph Wiggum

16 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

ICON is colder. Light rain to fzra and sleet overnight Sunday into early Monday AM with that rogue wave.

NAM in the last frame is showing the cold air pressing into the area for Tuesday’s system. 2m temps crash north and west from 9z to 12z as the low takes shape and turns the surface winds northerly.  Temps are 32-33 area wide prior to that occurring. No solution is set obviously but the threat of significant Icing for someone here is definitely still on the table. 

• Thanks 1

Yeh that annoyance AND, his “PUNCTURE IN” term bothers me more that nails on a chalk board...

Also, when will they acknowledge that they blew there “Winter Forecast” yet again⁉️‼️

Hurricane wised up this year and didn’t issue one and Katy Bilo admitted last night that her initial winter outlook was wrong!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

Yeh that annoyance AND, his “PUNCTURE IN” term bothers me more that nails on a chalk board...

Also, when will they acknowledge that they blew there “Winter Forecast” yet again⁉️‼️

Hurricane wised up this year and didn’t issue one and Katy Bilo admitted last night that her initial winter outlook was wrong!  

Glenn's 68 and sliding into retirement and didn't want to deal with it. And I don't blame him... 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, snowwors2 said:

...I couldn’t agree more, he admitted that there was no way to be accurate (and pretty much “that it’s click bait”)!

I don't know exactly how many years all the local channels have been doing their winter outlook but combined they can't be more than 20% accurate. And when I say accurate I mean "pretty close"....

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

59 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

06z guidance even warmer. Don't think there is a model that even keeps lehigh valley under 32 now. 084 hr nam is the new king. 

Para gfs and euro and big ticket ice events just N and W. Likely extreme outliers tho but take note anyway. Elephant in the room is the PV lurking. Add icon to the mild list....also considered the new king by many.

9 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Adam Joseph keeps referring to tomorrows event as a storm. He did it at 6pm and just now.....it bothers me.  

9 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

8 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I don't know exactly how many years all the local channels have been doing their winter outlook but combined they can't be more than 20% accurate. And when I say accurate I mean "pretty close"....

They all love to use "good news" as a distraction when their forecast fails.

• Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Para gfs and euro and big ticket ice events just N and W. Likely extreme outliers tho but take note anyway. Elephant in the room is the PV lurking. Add icon to the mild list....also considered the new king by many.

Are you looking at the right paragfs run? Looks like heavy rain almost to the pa/nys border at 6z. Just seems like all guidance is bleeding the wrong way now even the euro was a bit warmer at 06z than 00z. Hopefully we start to see a reversal soon but trends have been more and more liquid the last 24-48 hours. 

prateptype_cat.us_ne.png

10 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

Lol, I haven't watched him, what exactly is "puncturing in"? Sounds like a shot/needle, for example.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Are you looking at the right paragfs run? Looks like heavy rain almost to the pa/nys border at 6z. Just seems like all guidance is bleeding the wrong way now even the euro was a bit warmer at 06z than 00z. Hopefully we start to see a reversal soon but trends have been more and more liquid the last 24-48 hours. 

prateptype_cat.us_ne.png

Tuesday is likely DOA. However a more.amped Tuesday sets up the thermal boundary for a potebtially better Thursday. Losing optimism on both tbh but we'll see what happens. One system at a time.

• Like 2

Even "surface" temps of 33-34 could mean power lines and elevated surfaces are still cold enough (around 31-32) with the recent cold nights for ice accretion. I still think Berks/Lehigh Valley will see some decent icing Tuesday but guidance has been trending the other direction.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Tuesday is likely DOA. However a more.amped Tuesday sets up the thermal boundary for a potebtially better Thursday. Losing optimism on both tbh but we'll see what happens. One system at a time.

Tuesday could still be icy in parts but I am thinking more Lehigh Valley and Berks County. Am still thinking Friday could be a threat as models have to get two other storms out of the way.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1