• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 13, 2021 Ice Storm Obs

WxUSAF

Starting to get impressive out there. Icicles have connected with the ground under my wifes car. My truck sits much higher but even those icicles are trying to connect. Street is crust covered. Not bad for daytime zr/sleet in mid Feb
That's why im sad about the disaster on Tuesday. How did we lose our 13 degree cushion
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Is that from a lack of QPF? Gotta be colder in EC than here. 

No idea. I'm sure DC had more precip than us today, but there was precip here. It just seemed like it melted in the middle of the day. Maybe the cloud deck wasn't as thick here because the precip wasn't as heavy and that allowed the mid February sun to do some work?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

This might be the worst case scenario ...light precip, well below freezing and continuing after sunset.  

I'm not sure. Beginning to wind down right as the sun goes down. Without further accretion there's not enough standing water to create problems on the roads. I'd think this has to hang on till 7-8 to cause real problems, and radar doesn't show that to be happening. Worst case scenario would've been if this all started just a couple hours ago. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic